Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guys that order non graduated hairlines
12-05-2011, 01:29 PM,
guys that order non graduated hairlines
what do you guys do to make it not look like a big wall of hair? Thats how mine looks now and its not very natural looking imo. i Just dont think i should order a graduated hairline because im only 24. what do you guys do to make it look more natural? or less wall like.

the wall i may have might have to do with the tape being dirty and old which produces a black outline? is this what taped front hairlines look like?
12-05-2011, 02:27 PM,
RE: guys that order non graduated hairlines
(12-05-2011, 01:29 PM)elvis Wrote: what do you guys do to make it not look like a big wall of hair? Thats how mine looks now and its not very natural looking imo. i Just dont think i should order a graduated hairline because im only 24. what do you guys do to make it look more natural? or less wall like.

If it's lace piece use Nair to thin it out.

(12-05-2011, 01:29 PM)elvis Wrote: the wall i may have might have to do with the tape being dirty and old which produces a black outline? is this what taped front hairlines look like?

No, although it can happen after it's been attached a while.
12-05-2011, 07:37 PM,
If you don`t order graduated it WILL be a wall of hair... graduated is exactly that... thinner at the very front and graduating `up`to a thicker density as it goes back....Mr. Burns whose images are on the homepage in the `before and after` shots is wearing a non-graduated system. I don`t `get` how /what you mean when you refer to tape being dirty possibly making hair look thicker?
I think you have some transplanted hairs in front of your system-hair if I remember correctly? It may be that the blend between that and the system looks a bit off? Can be tricky to get that looking `right`..... if you want to thin the system hair, do so as in this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPULkcyVD2Y
12-05-2011, 10:21 PM,
ya paul.. i actually put the system closer to the front over the transplant.. and thats why noticed the wall of hair look. how do i order where it looks natural..? because graduated is too little hair at the front for me as i am not old. and non graduated seems too fake looking. i wish the hairline could be just a little less dense in the first like 1/10th of an inch so it looks more natural

the wall im talking about kinda looks like i put too much toppik on my hairline. if its not the tape maybe its the knots? would that make a big difference? because the knots were not bleached on my unit. not even in the front
12-06-2011, 12:02 AM,
I often have this problem with graduated hairlines where its just to thin for my liking. I have had non graduated before and it was way to much. I wish there was more ordering options for this and not left to the factory to decided the graduation. For example order a semi graduation or have % values of the amount of graduation.

If there was an option for this I know I could probably double the life of a unit. I style the unit combed back I imagine this isnt issue if you comb forward.
12-06-2011, 12:12 AM,
Hi elvis....sounds like your knots are not bleached enough? I see guys saying they`re not happy with how their knots look---what colour is your system hair? Mine is black so, not noticeable, but the knots themselves never look unbleached to me... what I suggest you do for your next order is send John a pic. of your transplanted hair so he can see the density..sounds like you need the graduation `tweaked` by the makers so it`s less graduated i.e. slightly denser than a standard graduated front....you may still have to work on it at home with Nair or a little bit of a thinning with a thinning scissors..... I think the factory always bleaches the front knots but maybe not to a degree that pleases everyone..... the more info. by way of pics which you can provide, should help get this nailed for you...without being flippant---a person in a factory has no idea really [unless they have a pic or two] that you have hair in front and it`s density.....they simply make a graduated system in good faith....you can consider what some guys do--order the first half inch or so in blonde..and then colour the hair to match the rest of the system ,thus ensuring no knot issues at the front. It`s something you can consider. cheers.
12-06-2011, 12:56 AM,
Elvis i know what you mean about the transplanted hair , one side of my forehead is very dense in transplanted hair so i have to shave down using a gillette, after about 5 days or so you can see one side of the piece looking much thicker, so i normally take it off and shave down and start again. Thats also one of the reasons why i think for me anyway have it a little longer on top so i can come it over to the side so it wont be so noticeable. Its a tricky one as i dont want the hair to look dense but the same time you cant see the hair underneath.
12-06-2011, 11:21 AM,
i think im going to ditch th transplanted hair. Paul. do you think i should ask john to give me a slightly graduated hairline? im just afraid the factory will just end up graduationg the hairline normally and not listening to slightly graduating it. if i could have it my way i would literally have it no graduated.. but just with the first tenth of an inch less dense. Would that be a simple instruction for them to follow? or will i just risk them screwing up my order?
(12-06-2011, 12:02 AM)nitrofish66 Wrote: I often have this problem with graduated hairlines where its just to thin for my liking. I have had non graduated before and it was way to much. I wish there was more ordering options for this and not left to the factory to decided the graduation. For example order a semi graduation or have % values of the amount of graduation.

If there was an option for this I know I could probably double the life of a unit. I style the unit combed back I imagine this isnt issue if you comb forward.

nitro.. so which do you prefer? the graduated or non graduated? im only 24. i think graduated would look weird on me. The problem is non graduated looks weird enough lol. NO ONE has a wall of hair in the front. i dont even think completely non graduated should be offered. Isnt the goal supposed to be a natural appearence. the factory should atleast make a "slightly graduated" option.
12-06-2011, 03:10 PM,
is it fine if i just pluck out strands of hair from the very front? or will that damage the base?
12-06-2011, 03:10 PM,
I think mine is graduated. Even if you do get graduated, you can pluck the hairs out.