Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BA saga.
12-05-2011, 07:21 PM,
RE: The BA saga.
Who really knows who the people are `behind`the scenes in any company, especially newer ones...... he`s not `working`for Toplace anyway [I`m sure John would love to know exactly where he is] so that`s all I need to know... I can order from here without having to stress.
12-06-2011, 06:29 AM,
I think I speak for everyone when I say I am happy john is here. Hes a really good guy and I like the system I got from him.. One of the best I got in recent times. I know toplace is in good hands now.

I don't know what compelled me to start wanting to write a story on BA lol. I guess cause I just been ont hese forums for awhile and I just saw so much ironic shit taking place.. and a lot of what i said about 10 years ago all came true.. and I really got no one to say hey I told u so.. because everyone i knew back than is gone lol maybe a worthless post. but it def was an interesting journey.
12-06-2011, 10:50 AM,
I've been around since the beginning too, Xeon. I still remember the days when you would post while you were drunk as well as collect lace samples. You seem to have grown up a lot since then. Xeon, would you register on hairlosshelp so I can send you a private message? They have a good forum too like the old BA forum where all companies could post.

I got criticized a few times by BA as well. I was a mug, a lemon, a plum. I needed to give my head a good shaking, I was told. I honestly suspect he is going through a bad bad time now. Try to put yourself in his shoes, not to say that he deserves to get away with cheating people or anything like that. Of course not. But he is probably extremely ashamed. He knows he has wronged so many people and has gotten caught and EXPOSED! He is hiding from many people. He had that belief in honor above all else. I do believe he saw himself as an honorable person, regardless of how others viewed him.
12-06-2011, 01:09 PM,
(12-05-2011, 02:34 PM)stealth Wrote: Yeah I was just about to ask if he was really as generous as he seems looking back at archived threads. He offered several different times to cut out partials for newbies and send them out for them free of charge to try out rather than have them place a full order. Very cool, but did he actually follow through, or was he just bullshitting?

Don't know about that, but I know he definitely gave free pieces away to people. In fact, he gave a free custom unit to anyone that attended the convention at his home, regardless of whether you were an existing customer of his or a new one.
12-06-2011, 04:37 PM,
I paid for about half the systems I received. Mostly because of mistakes and delays. The only reason I stuck with him for so long, was price. TL costs my around 1k a year give or take, others even more. but BA? I'm lucky if I ever paid more the 500 a year.
12-06-2011, 11:10 PM,
"He may even consider suicide, as he had that belief in honor above all else. I do believe he saw himself as an honorable person, regardless of how others viewed him."

Thats a rather strong statement to make on the internet. Anything to back that up?

egghead- I paid for about half the systems I received. Mostly because of mistakes and delays. The only reason I stuck with him for so long, was price. TL costs my around 1k a year give or take, others even more. but BA? I'm lucky if I ever paid more the 500 a year.

well if you only get 1 or 2 orders a year cause the others are always screwed up then yes he was cheaper. bottom line is his prices were not any less expensive than here. Yes he sent you a "free" piece when he screwed up but they were pieces one could get at any wig shop at a mall.

He snagged me for quite awhile with promises and "mistake" shipments.
The funny thing is whenever I was waiting up 6-9 months for 1 of his "perfect custom"pieces I could get a piece from John in relatively no time. (in comparison)

So I am more than happy to spend my money here. There is no bullshit about what I will get. No guessing on a delivery. Orders have not been screwed up -lost -stuck in customs- shipped to the wrong person- etc.

I think being here is the right choice and I have plenty of wigs to prove it.
Michael
12-07-2011, 02:45 AM,
(12-06-2011, 11:10 PM)michaelg Wrote: egghead- I paid for about half the systems I received. Mostly because of mistakes and delays. The only reason I stuck with him for so long, was price. TL costs my around 1k a year give or take, others even more. but BA? I'm lucky if I ever paid more the 500 a year.

well if you only get 1 or 2 orders a year cause the others are always screwed up then yes he was cheaper. bottom line is his prices were not any less expensive than here. Yes he sent you a "free" piece when he screwed up but they were pieces one could get at any wig shop at a mall.

That was not me who said that, but I hear what you're saying...
12-07-2011, 03:23 AM,
(12-07-2011, 02:45 AM)egghead Wrote:
(12-06-2011, 11:10 PM)michaelg Wrote: egghead- I paid for about half the systems I received. Mostly because of mistakes and delays. The only reason I stuck with him for so long, was price. TL costs my around 1k a year give or take, others even more. but BA? I'm lucky if I ever paid more the 500 a year.

That was not me who said that, but I hear what you're saying...

BA was like the hot looking women who treated you like crap, but you kept coming back for more because of the promises. The pictures on his website were fantastic, but I never received one that looked anything like those. My first order with him took 4 months, he even sent me 2 pieces when I only paid for one, but they were both crap with the wrong specs. I did an exchange with John on one of those, and got a nice piece in about 7 weeks with no BS. I did order 2 more from BA, never received 1, but I guess I am lucky, he owes some people for multiple pieces.
12-07-2011, 06:40 AM,
Dino1,

I think I matured sure, I was only like 19 years old or so when I first got in there, but I believe most of that is an illusion that even you are falling victim to this day. You are using BA's arguments against me whenever I said anything that made sense on there or put him on the spot.. He would resort to saying that I did nothing but collect samples, or some other bullshit.. and most likely you and others would defend him and give me hell.

Its actually disappointing to me that you were there for so many years and instead of looking back and saying wow u know that guy was right with all the shit he used to say.. U remember me as someone immature who collected samples. Thats what I mean about the power of BA's control back than.. even now people can't see the forest for its trees.. They only care when THEY get screwed over. They don't see anything else or what the guy did to others, they only get concerned what he does to them. In life sometimes the way someone handles other people or situations is how he is going to handle you. BA probably gave free units to the big mouths of the forum so they would have his back.

About the lace sample collecting.. I had a good reason to want to get a hold of different laces. . And I personally believe that I played a big part in getting the SFS launched. I was trying to hunt down the thin laces and make it public.. and that is exactly what i did.. When I found ultralace got all their thin super fine swiss laces and example system and awesome bleach job.. I posted pictures made it public.. Got threatened to be taken off the forum..BA was swearing up and down that the thin laces weren't any good... Jeff from coolpiece was saying there wasn't enough room to make good knots.. They were dead against it,

but guess what.. I got about 100 emails from people interested. I learned that the factories had a much thinner lace that they didn't want to use because it used to break more often in the manufacturing process. But when ultralace put pressure and generated interest.. Guess what happened.. BA launched the super fine swiss lace a short time after. Than who launched it? Coolpiece. Coincidence? Its like the people back then were in their own world and didn't know or care wtf was going on.
I want to say also... After BA launched the SFS and could say he had something no one else had at the time etc.. I think that really sparked him on a quest to be unique and find different materials.. after that launch.. he continued trying to find new stuff to introduce.. and that forum changed a lot.. hed release new laces or tapes glues, materials.. and A LOT of people became sample junkies... because they finally realized there was better stuff out there than the piece of shit "new 18" lace that made ur head look like u had a bunch of huge pink threads running across it.
Dino you can reach me at.

[email protected]
12-07-2011, 02:29 PM,
michaelg - Call me an egghead again I will beat you senseless! -- j/k You quoted the wrong person. but htis is not correct "were not any less expensive than here" -- BA's prices were at times $35 cheaper. I think possibly he did this to long term customers. This is only a guess but I did not pay TL prices.