Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUE at Home ???
11-20-2011, 06:30 PM,
FUE at Home ???
I might be a bit crazy, but i just watched about 2 hours worth of youtube videos of FUE procedures.....Im amazed at how simple it actual is.

Take a hollow, sharp pointed tube and jab around a follicle to loosen it by judging its angle and depth. - do this many times to get a good amount

Then take two set of medical tweezers to pull the loosened follicles out of the holes and then store then to the side

Then take a smaller sharp poker to puncture a hole for the donor site. Then they just stuff the follicle into the hole and move to the next one.

I know i could get my hands on tools that would work and something that would numb my head - but do you think someone could actually take a shot at it?

I would only want a front hairline to put a system behind..so not much. I think its possible.....very possible.

What do you think?
11-20-2011, 08:13 PM,
RE: FUE at Home ???
Yes, your crazy! LOL
11-20-2011, 09:56 PM,
Don`t even dream of attempting that.... whatever you`ve been looking at, it may look simple but `tools`used to do it are surgical-grade and sterlised etc. ..even at that, there is always a risk of infection once skin has been `broken`... I often wonder why people even bother to go for that procedure not alone from the cost view point but the un-guaranteed results and risk of infection etc.......systems for me any day.
11-20-2011, 10:08 PM,
Yes there are risks but the benefits can be amazing, I recently saw this blokes results absolutely outstanding he went from really thinning to an amazing head of hair it was truely amazing, its results like his that make people try, but like you said there are no guarentees, and its dependant on so many factors. At least its an option though.
11-21-2011, 01:19 AM,
Don't be ridicilous! First of all, how are you goingt o be able to see the back of your own head to extract the follicles and implant them? The surgeons use magnified goggles or big magnified lenses over your head so they can see what they are doing. Also the way you are describing doing it, there is a massive risk of infection. You are essentially doing thousands of micro organ transplants and creating thousands of open wounds. I think if you had a friend do it he could do one or two, but a whole hairline.....absolutely not! I can only assume this is a joke. Someone posted the same idea on an HT forum a while back and everyone had a good laugh.
11-21-2011, 04:39 AM,
Who wants pubic hair growing on there head.

Nasty, simple as.
11-21-2011, 05:07 AM,
(11-21-2011, 04:39 AM)Snipe Wrote: Who wants pubic hair growing on there head.

Nasty, simple as.

Lol.....thats funny. I did notice how people used beard hair and chest hair for some replacements...I could grow a massive bush if i tried. That would be an endless amount of donor hair, right?....j/k

And yes, I am not serious about trying an at home procedure....but im just saying how simple it actually is.