Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spirit gum
11-13-2011, 02:19 AM,
spirit gum
does spirit gum work if your in a pinch, was curious its used on stage wigs
11-13-2011, 05:26 AM,
RE: spirit gum
I often wonder if the glue that's made for kids works - http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_p...navCount=3 - seems safe & dries clear lol. Not sure about spirit gum though, soz. Regards
11-13-2011, 10:06 AM,
On the black ladies wig forum a lot of them use mastix p spirit gum. They seem to have a lot of good things to say about it.. They wear thick density wigs and many complain of having oily skin, so if it works for them, I am not sure why it wouldn't work for us.> But no one here has ever really tried it before.. I never heard of anyone give a review on it other than that other forum.
11-13-2011, 10:42 AM,
im doing a detach tomorrow , so ill give it a try and see how it works
11-14-2011, 02:30 AM,
I've tried it. It's not a glue for those seeking long holds but it's a quick to apply easy to clean glue for 1-2 days hold. If it comes loose that's it, your lace is off. You can't just press it back into the glue as the glue dries fully.
11-14-2011, 03:11 AM,
i did a reattach this morning so far so good< but the real test is when i go to the gym later
11-15-2011, 07:28 AM,
I have a bottle of it somewhere that came with a costume makeup kit I bought awhile back. I haven't tried it with a hairpiece but it does have a pretty good amount of tack to it and works great for attaching costume prostetics. Dino said it works pretty good for a short term hold and it does clean up easily so I might have to try it sometime.
11-15-2011, 11:00 AM,
its been 24 hours with the hold so far< and its pretty good
11-15-2011, 11:58 AM,
So far so good! do you just have the frond glued with it? How do you find it for making the lace disappear?
11-15-2011, 12:06 PM,
I only did the front with it< i only had a small bottle and i didnt want any embarassing moments in case it didnt work< the lace disappeared pretty well< im heading to the gym later and will see how well it holds up to sweat