Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy products for best prices
11-08-2011, 05:28 AM,
Where to buy products for best prices
So I just sent in my first order. It's a little frightening... but I'm excited. So I have been doing some research to see what else I am going to need to buy so I can be ready when the hair comes. But now I want to ask all you with experience WHERE you buy the products... the cheaper, the better. Haha. So if you have secret places or internet sites you get your products from, I'd love to hear about them! From tapes and glues, to lace release to knot sealent, or even your favorite conditioner, where do you guys go to get fair prices? Thanks for the help!
11-08-2011, 06:03 AM,
RE: Where to buy products for best prices
Where are you based? If we know that we will be able to recommend some online suppliers in your country.
11-08-2011, 06:14 AM,
I'm actually finding ebay very good. Just type in search what you're interested in, look down the listings, compare prices etc & often clicking on an item will show the seller has lots of hair related items for sale-meaning the seller will usually combine shipping costs. Also most of the listings are private so the item won't show on the feedback. I think amazon is a good go to place for the regular stuff too. Good luck on hair wearing. Regards
11-08-2011, 07:36 AM,
I'm in the US. I forgot how spread out everyone is here Wink
11-08-2011, 11:10 AM,
In same boat as Hair Scare, waiting on my first piece to arrive as well. For wearers what do you guys recommend for getting longest holds and best looking front hairlines, combination glue and tape? Also what brands do you guys find the best. I know there are many different kinds, just looking for recommendations.
11-08-2011, 05:50 PM,
(11-08-2011, 11:10 AM)EricInNY Wrote: In same boat as Hair Scare, waiting on my first piece to arrive as well. For wearers what do you guys recommend for getting longest holds and best looking front hairlines, combination glue and tape? Also what brands do you guys find the best. I know there are many different kinds, just looking for recommendations.

I buy all my supplies from Hair Direct. Not interested in their hair, but they have a full array of supplies, and the prices are good, and they deliver promptly. Don't like mentioning their name on John's forum, but as I said, I don't buy hair from them.
11-08-2011, 08:07 PM,
They also sell my favourite leave-in conditioner ...`Enhance`... order that with your supplies. It`s excellent.
11-09-2011, 11:04 AM,
Paul- is the conditioner you use Jorgen Enhancer? There are 2 listed on the site. Also do you use any type of drug store shampoos or conditioners or just strictly stuff made for pieces? Thanks.
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM,
(11-09-2011, 11:04 AM)EricInNY Wrote: Paul- is the conditioner you use Jorgen Enhancer? There are 2 listed on the site. Also do you use any type of drug store shampoos or conditioners or just strictly stuff made for pieces? Thanks.

For shampoo, you might want to try Herbal Essence Color Me Happy. It is for color treated hair. I use it along with their conditioner. You can get it anywhere, I just picked up a large bottle of each for about $4.50 at Target.
11-09-2011, 08:43 PM,
(11-09-2011, 11:04 AM)EricInNY Wrote: Paul- is the conditioner you use Jorgen Enhancer? There are 2 listed on the site. Also do you use any type of drug store shampoos or conditioners or just strictly stuff made for pieces? Thanks.

No Eric...I strictly use shampoo and conditioner specifically formulated for system hair...`off the shelf`products normally contain sulfates and can have a high PH level.... also ``Enhance`` is just that name.... there are a few suppliers and it`s quite cheap ... you`re in US so this supplier carries it : http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Ppi-Enha...4Qod3mQTAw
It also has sunscreen in it..it`s a nice liquid--not a bit sticky or `heavy`and you can apply it liberally onto damp hair... I `back-brush`the hair so I really get the conditioner`into`the hair and not just onto the tips.. . style, and allow to dry naturally... leaves a lovely sheen and softness .. it `holds`that look when it dries..... if you run a comb or brush through it after it dries, you lose the `look`.... so simply style it while wet...it`s an excellent product and quite reasonably -priced too.
Lòreal`` Everpure ``shampoo and conditioner has no sulfates[ it say`s it on the container] and is available widely in the U.S. I think or you can get it on Amazon too...sadly not available where I am nor from Amazon UK [last time I checked]....the other Amazon won`t ship to here for some reason but if you spot it, it`s kind to system hair so you`ll be ok with it.
I`m spoiling you now :-) ..... here`s the link to the actual makers of `Enhance`in California.... scroll down a bit and you`ll see the bottle--they also do a lot of other items too..an interesting site. http://www.ppi.cc/conditioners_hair_replace.htm