Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair line questions
11-08-2011, 02:58 AM,
Hair line questions
Hi all,

I am currently wearing a stock unit. I love it so far. Some of the place around my head isn't totally sticking, but I'm still working on it.

My question is about the hair line. I don't feel like it is really blending all that well with my scalp. I can see the lace on my scalp if I look a it somewhat closely.

I'm currently using ghost bond, but have also used ultra hold. Both yield the same results.

What's the best way that people have found with attaching the hair line to make it invisible. Do you use tape? Or is glue the best way to go, but I just need to work on my glueing technique?

Thanks
11-08-2011, 06:12 AM,
RE: Hair line questions
Glue is the best for hairlines. How many layers do you use? I hate ghost bond. Have you tried ORWG or invisibond or safe grip? I get the same problem where I can see the lace pattern if I look closely. To fix it I just add more layers. 4 layers of glue at the very front makes a thicker area for the lace to sink into and this is what makes it disappear. Also something I used to do wrong was not pressing it in hard enough. I have to really press hard with the comb to get it to sink into the glue and disappear.
11-08-2011, 06:55 AM,
I used 4 layers as the website says I should. Maybe I'll lift it up and reapply. How long do you hold the comb down for while the glues drying?

How often is too often in terms of reattachment? I don't want to hurt the piece. It's also a bit more difficult to clean since I don't want to remove the entire piece...
11-08-2011, 08:47 AM,
[quote='Skeletor' pid='32243' dateline='1320677913']
......My question is about the hair line. I don't feel like it is really blending all that well with my scalp. I can see the lace on my scalp if I look a it somewhat closely. ......

I think TOPLACE is doing a great job..Last time I ordered 10 pieces and I can not complain...But we are discussing in a post here about a possible thinner lace than SFS.Somebody here have had some sample.
I also can see SFS properly glued in some light conditions.
But I have here one old piece(2007) from TopLace made with a diffrent SFS lace that is less noticeable.this is why I m sure that is possible to find diffrent kind of SFS lace.
Regards
11-08-2011, 04:29 PM,
Hairenough, do you find that using 4 layers of ORWG and pressing the lace very hard into the the glue causes the hair roots to go into the glue as well? Your method makes sense - having more glue for the lace to 'disappear' in - but it seems like it would be hard to avoid getting hair in there too.
11-09-2011, 07:36 AM,
All glues will contact the glue since the hair is tied to the lace and the knots press into the glue along with the lace when you attach. ORWG is more wet and gooey than most white glues but it tends to give the longest hold without lift compared to the others I mentioned. For me it is a messier clean up and i gets into the lace and takes time to get out. Invisibond on the other hand is brilliant for clean up. None of it sticks to the lace after dettach if I wear for only 5 days. But it will begin to lift sooner than 5 at the very front edge. So I use a combo. ORWG 2 layers base coat, invisibond 2 layers on top. The ORWG keeps the scalp oils at bay and the Invisibond makes for easier clean up of the lace.

Another good glue is Vapon No Tape. Super hold and pretty easy clean up but OH MY CRAP the application process is a drama! Stringiness everywhere! If you can get it on your head without getting it everywhere else it's great.
11-09-2011, 07:36 AM,
All glues will contact the glue since the hair is tied to the lace and the knots press into the glue along with the lace when you attach. ORWG is more wet and gooey than most white glues but it tends to give the longest hold without lift compared to the others I mentioned. For me it is a messier clean up and i gets into the lace and takes time to get out. Invisibond on the other hand is brilliant for clean up. None of it sticks to the lace after dettach if I wear for only 5 days. But it will begin to lift sooner than 5 at the very front edge. So I use a combo. ORWG 2 layers base coat, invisibond 2 layers on top. The ORWG keeps the scalp oils at bay and the Invisibond makes for easier clean up of the lace.

Another good glue is Vapon No Tape. Super hold and pretty easy clean up but OH MY CRAP the application process is a drama! Stringiness everywhere! If you can get it on your head without getting it everywhere else it's great.
My posts appear twice. Sorry about that.
11-10-2011, 11:23 AM,
The best glue for me at the hairline is superstick.

Used for 1/2 cm at the front hairline. I used to use at least 3 coats, using a hairdryer on medium setting for 1 min inbetween.

When the piece on your forehead, use a comb to mark the indentations on your scalp. These marks make it easy to act as a border for the glue.
11-10-2011, 12:34 PM,
i do the comb trick, but it still seems like the piece comes up in the front really quickly. i'm on 48 hours here and I'm debating about reattaching because If I look closely, I can see the lace. and I can't wear my hair up like I normally would because I have so much hair stuck in the glue at the hairline.

frustrating...but I'm using ghost bond.
11-10-2011, 01:08 PM,
I've been wearing hair for a while. And I've come across a few "you HAVE to do this", stuff that works for me, but everyone is different.

I must apply a thin layer, using a cocktail stick.
Then use a hairdryer for 1min on medium to hot, I time myself.
Then repeat at least 3 times.
Press the lace in gently with the teeth from the comb.

Try superstick and see how it goes.