Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Paul From Ireland
10-29-2011, 08:13 PM,
RE: Question for Paul From Ireland
Hi guys....I`ll try to get a pic of the back/nape with the perimeter clipped/held up--it will be tomorrow though as I have to spend most of today in the city....it will be very tricky though, trying to use a camera from behind your head means you can`t see where you`re aiming the lens... I`ll do my best. The image of the thinner-density system up top might be a bit `off`because I`ve been using a styling cream product recently and I can see a bit of product build-up..the system needs a wash now to freshen it up again,as the hair is beginning to look `tired`...that`s the problem with using a lot of product like gels/pomades etc. A simple leave-in conditioner used regularly means the `lifeless`look happens much more slowly [just my experience anyway] As you can see too at the sideburn area, the tiny bit of growing hair is a brown colour and the system hair is black...I don`t even bother using colouring products on that little bit of hair as it`s not seen under the system hair as such...it`s purely for a `soft`look there to the casual observer....it works very well. Close-up camera shots can be very unforgiving and you might think the lace is glaringly-obvious........it`s not ! Expriest--if you`re doing your template today, my best advice for the nape area would be have the edge sitting just below the occipital bone ....if you place a finger there and incline your head backwards, you`ll feel a little `hollow` area immediately under that bone...that`s where the edge will attach and you`ll be able to have a decent hair-length there,i.e. an inch. I`ve just measured the hair length now on that system you`re looking at in the last pic--it`s marginally over an inch. Having very long hair there can look a bit `wiggy` in my opinion as it won`t sit in `tight`to the skin....long-ish hair tends to just `hang`there..... I also think that having a bit of `extra` [marginally so] density from the crown down the back allows the stylist to layer the hair in better as there`s more to `play with....it`s hard to give an exact figure on what density to go for...maybe the higher end of medium....65% or so [ 65% Toplace density is equal to 85% on `other` systems you may have bought from other providers] ...so purely to allow for a nice layering-in effect at the back, I`d go at least 65% crown to nape with 70% on that very last inch at the perimeter..... you can easily thin it a little, later if you like....[70% Toplace =90% on `others` ] but again, these things can vary a bit, due to the fact they are individually made and some ventilators have better skills than others and no two systems will be clones of each other....just something we have to live with in the wearing -game. I`ll get that pic on as soon as I can...regards guys and thanks for the comments as always. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
Question for Paul From Ireland - expriest - 10-28-2011, 10:22 AM
RE: Question for Paul From Ireland - Paul In Ireland - 10-29-2011, 08:13 PM