Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
paul, anty, jrob and all other vets.. please help
10-10-2011, 11:39 PM,
RE: paul, anty, jrob and all other vets.. please help
Hi Elvis... sensible to prepare and have your supplies to hand before the system arrives. I used to use the Equave 2-phase conditioner and still have a large bottle of it.... I did find a little build-up with it over time, so I found / tried `Enhance` and was/am happier with it. I washed my latest system yesterday but didn`t condition it...... I`m going to use the Revlon one today and `monitor`it over the next week or so. I had a look at the `Axis` product...seems good but quite pricey ? I see the `Enhance`conditioner available there too and very reasonably-priced.... I`d get 2 bottles of that and that should help maintain you hair nicely. There are a myriad of bonding products available there too.... you might like to stick in a bottle of `Adjust-a-bond` which can be handy for keeping glue from setting while you position your system....it`s cheap too. Get 2 bottles of `Lace-release`[the pump-action bottle] and the C22 is good for `messy`clean-ups as it`s citrus-based..... the `Pure`glue melter is what I usually use, and keep the Citrus one as my heavy-artillery! Knot-sealer is on your list...... just add a shampoo and conditioner too...did you see the Bluemax one / They have it there in a little 3-step travel pack....that`s what I`ve been using and JRob was involved in formulating/producing it...... it`s good, if a little `pricey` compared to others....they have a huge range on that site for sure. Walker no-shine is a good [quite strong] tape with an easy clean-up. I`d also get a roll or two of the red tape [Sensitac it`s called] ..it`s very easy to work with and is for short-term holds...... I use it for just daily use but tends to be shiny ,shows-through on lighter density systems. I guess what I`d advise anyone in your position is to have a selection of at least 3 types of tape [varying strengths] and also order 2 or 3 small bottles of glues so that you can `compare`and see how your body-chemistry /physiology interacts with them....it`s impossible to give absolute rock-solid advice when it comes to bonding products ,as what works well for one wearer ,need not necessarily do the same for the next person...it`s a trial-and-error thing, which is why I wouldn`t buy the biggest size/tubs of glue initially.....you could pay 30-odd$ or more for one tub and then find you can`t use it due to irritation etc.... the Oil resistant white glue seems to have a good reputation among wearers and is great for those with very oily scalps.... I hope you can get more specific information from others ...I`m a bit `limited` on that score as I don`t really use a lot of glue and have a large tub to hand which I have for ages ..haven`t needed to order any different ones as the one I use [`Tracksafe`] seems to not be generally widely available--well maybe it IS but it`s sold under a different name[ ? ] but it `agrees`with my skin and I still have a huge tub here. You could spend a fortune on hair-care products ..... Debbie has a decent selection of bonding and cleaning products at very reasonable prices too... I got 3 bottles of `Enhance` from HD some time ago but delivery was with U.P.S. which added considerably to the cost..... I`ve since discovered a supplier nearer to home and will get it from there next time...... I think with so many different products on the HD site, it can get a bit confusing.... I tend to be like a kid in a candy store when I browse sites like that so I tend to avoid them !! :-) Cheers, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: paul, anty, jrob and all other vets.. please help - Paul In Ireland - 10-10-2011, 11:39 PM