Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nearly natural moisture mist
10-09-2011, 02:03 AM,
nearly natural moisture mist
I got some of this product and I find it makes my hair feel like straw. The hair loses all flexibility also. After using a couple of days it feels like iv sprayed a light gel through the hair and feels like it needs washing.
10-09-2011, 08:44 PM,
RE: nearly natural moisture mist
I had a look at the site selling this [ I wasn`t aware of it] but it all sounds fine and dandy for system hair...obviously you`re not finding it to be helpful.... I use `Enhance` leave in conditioner and find it good....it certainly leaves the hair soft.....are you over-shampooing the hair at all? I just mist daily with water, then spray in some of that conditioner and allow to dry naturally....dryness is the main enemy of system hair and leads to breakage/shedding etc. This must be very annoying though when you`re trying to do the `right thing`...... I have found though, that even with an arsenal of products to hand, some systems can just `behave` differently despite my best efforts....probably down to whatever `batch`the hair was taken from and the level of `treatment`is was subjected to before being made into a system..... system hair doesn`t get `dirty`as such but it can get product build-up even from leave-in conditioners etc. and then you end up shampooing frequently which can be negative.... maybe try a different conditioner ? Paul.
10-09-2011, 11:13 PM,
(10-09-2011, 08:44 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I had a look at the site selling this [ I wasn`t aware of it] but it all sounds fine and dandy for system hair...obviously you`re not finding it to be helpful.... I use `Enhance` leave in conditioner and find it good....it certainly leaves the hair soft.....are you over-shampooing the hair at all? I just mist daily with water, then spray in some of that conditioner and allow to dry naturally....dryness is the main enemy of system hair and leads to breakage/shedding etc. This must be very annoying though when you`re trying to do the `right thing`...... I have found though, that even with an arsenal of products to hand, some systems can just `behave` differently despite my best efforts....probably down to whatever `batch`the hair was taken from and the level of `treatment`is was subjected to before being made into a system..... system hair doesn`t get `dirty`as such but it can get product build-up even from leave-in conditioners etc. and then you end up shampooing frequently which can be negative.... maybe try a different conditioner ? Paul.

Website I bought it from, he says he shampoos and conditions every day and uses the mist through the day with no trouble... We dont have enhance in Australia, too expensive to ship also Sad Would be better doing like you and taking it off while I sleep... That might jsut start more problems though, using more tape and spending more time on it Sad
10-09-2011, 11:17 PM,
I use an 'off the shelf' daily spay-in conditioner and you're right Anubi, it can make your hair go crusty after a few days.
Its just a build up that doesn't happen to real hair because real hair is constantly being supplied with natural oils.
Also your natural hair (at the sides and back) gets rubbed by your pillows at night and your topper remains un touched.
Try getting a soft 'paddle brush' and gently brushing your topper when the hair has gone crusty.
You'll find it breaks up the hair & re softens it and removes some of the product build-up.
Also, don't use the spray-in conditioner EVERY day.
You can use just a light mist of plain water and you'll find that reactivates the old conditioner.
Maybe use the conditioner every 3rd day and plain water in between.
And, as Paul says, when you do use the spray-in moisturiser, always lightly dampen the hair with water first.
10-09-2011, 11:26 PM,
(10-09-2011, 11:17 PM)Hersute Wrote: I use an 'off the shelf' daily spay-in conditioner and you're right Anubi, it can make your hair go crusty after a few days.
Its just a build up that doesn't happen to real hair because real hair is constantly being supplied with natural oils.
Also your natural hair (at the sides and back) gets rubbed by your pillows at night and your topper remains un touched.
Try getting a soft 'paddle brush' and gently brushing your topper when the hair has gone crusty.
You'll find it breaks up the hair & re softens it and removes some of the product build-up.
Also, don't use the spray-in conditioner EVERY day.
You can use just a light mist of plain water and you'll find that reactivates the old conditioner.
Maybe use the conditioner every 3rd day and plain water in between.
And, as Paul says, when you do use the spray-in moisturiser, always lightly dampen the hair with water first.

wats a soft paddle brush?
10-09-2011, 11:36 PM,
Its a large brush with very flexible bristles that are on a spongy base.
The flexible bristles & the movement of the spongy base soak up the friction caused by brushing the hair and absorbs the impact.
I've made it sound very technical but its not really.
Its basically a large (usually square) hair brush that is more gentle on the hair.
You can buy them from anywhere that sells hair accessories & products.
The important thing is that the brush is soft and preferably the ends of the bristles are blunt ended.

Have a look at these:
http://tinyurl.com/677o6hk