Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece?
10-11-2011, 08:57 AM,
RE: what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece?
(10-09-2011, 01:33 PM)Hersute Wrote: And my point was.... of course it looks normal & realistic!
If it didn't, none of us would be able to do anything except sit around with styled hair!
Its REAL hair, it does what REAL HAIR does. The ONLY difference is that its not coming out of your scalp, its coming out of an invisible base ON your scalp.
Sure you get guys worried when they take their cycle helmets off and their piece is all flat & wiggy looking, but so does ANYONE's hair, whether its a wig or not.
You get out of a pool and your hair is wet & flat, JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE'S!
The ONLY difference will be that some wearers will be conscious of it, but NOBODY else is interested!
Some guys with natural hair will get it blown around in the wind.
Some guys with natural hair WON'T get their hair blown around in wind because they use gels and sprays.
Those EXACT same things apply to worn hair.

I promise you that if doing ANY of the things mentioned caused real problems and took a good looking piece to an obvious wig simply by doing them, the forum would be full of threads discussing it and places like TopLace would go out of business.
People have technical issues, but the vast majority of posts are saying how wearing hair has improved their lives and freed them to pursue activities they weren't able to do before.
You don't see posts from guys saying they looked great leaving the house but decided to wear a headscarf in case it got windy.
You don't see posts saying that the second they got out of the pool they had to throw a towel over their head.
You don't see posts of people saying they went to the gym but spent the entire session hiding in the locker room.
Believe me, if their hair suddenly went from looking good to looking like a wig doing any of these things, no one would do them!
What people are saying is the exact opposite.
But you don't have to take their word for it when you can try it for yourself at very little cost.
My concern is that if you start off with these kind of worries, it can easily grow in to a paranoia and a complex.
The single most obvious thing regarding detectability of someone wearing hair is their level of confidence.
Its a HUGE advantage to start this transformation off with the attitude that its going to liberate you.

As a new comer who is currently using concealer and has just ordered their first system I want to applaud you on this post. I feel like printing it and putting it in my wallet! Nice one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece? - Benq - 10-11-2011, 08:57 AM