Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many anti-wig people on forums
10-02-2011, 11:45 PM,
So many anti-wig people on forums
I've noticed on hairloss forums a lot of negative posts about people wearing wigs. I dont understand why someone would go out of their way to always comment in a negative way about hair pieces. Why do they interfere and why cant they allow people to make their own minds up.

Alot seem to either suggest a HT or to shave it off, if it was that easy then that would be fine. There are obvious pros and cons of doing either of those things just as there are pro's and con's of wearing hair pieces.

Pee's me off.
10-03-2011, 12:01 AM,
RE: So many anti-wig people on forums
ya, on hair loss forums 99% of people are pro transplant and anti hair system. they call wearing living a lie because u are trying to fool people.. yet they dont mind fooling people with toppik or dermatch which is literally the same thingas wearing.. unless they are telling everyone that they put toppik on.
10-03-2011, 02:28 AM,
Yep but there are plenty of people who's only choice is hair systems, and I find it slightly contradictory that they suggest shaving it off when they cant bring themselves to do it.
10-03-2011, 03:07 AM,
Dont listen to such guys.
At first they dont know how it is to wear hair, because they never did.
Second they are obsessed with their hairloss and angry they cant fix it.
Third they use concealer and they dont see that this is exactly the same, just a other method.

i believe those people will never attain happiness and its pathetic if they dont understand. They are on a hairloss community, that means they suffer from this and should normaly be open to all solutions.
10-03-2011, 03:22 AM,
(10-03-2011, 03:07 AM)Ruulkasar Wrote: Dont listen to such guys.
At first they dont know how it is to wear hair, because they never did.
Second they are obsessed with their hairloss and angry they cant fix it.
Third they use concealer and they dont see that this is exactly the same, just a other method.

i believe those people will never attain happiness and its pathetic if they dont understand. They are on a hairloss community, that means they suffer from this and should normaly be open to all solutions.

All true. Some people don't have any other options, like me. I couldn't afford a transplant, and don't like the result anyway. Shaving my head is not an option because I have a big head. A hair piece gives me better results than when I had my own hair.
10-03-2011, 03:43 AM,
It is ok if a former wearer says this, but the opinion of a noob without any experience isnt even worth listening. Its like someone says going to a university tranforms you in a nerd, but he never visit one and he just knows this from the tv.
10-03-2011, 03:47 AM,
I've read comments from former wearers though who either have had a HT or stopped wearing, I guess its only there opinion but they seem intent on stopping anyone trying.
10-03-2011, 03:54 AM,
if they have worn a hairpiece and didnt liked it, then its ok. It is their opinion and not everyone is able to get used to the thought of wearing hair. But the majority i know will choose wearing hair instead of having scars and 30% density on top of their head.

Ok to be honest i never had a HT, but i will never say it is a bad solution. If your worst case is Norwood 3 and your loss is stoped, go to a doc and repair your head. But i am Norwood 5 and i dont have the donor to give the density i want to have, like i get with my hairpieces.
10-03-2011, 04:37 AM,
Thing is I dont want to look back and say I wasted more years thinking about having a HT, so even if I dont have a HT at least I wouldnt have wasted anymore years looking crap/
10-03-2011, 05:37 AM,
Here is the rub,the majority of the guys who knock hair systems are involved with transplant clinics.
It is in their own intrests to dismiss hair systems full stop.
The classic line is that you can spot one a mile off???
This in itself proves that they are in no way clued up on what is out there in the 21st century and what can be achieved very easily without the need for dodgy medications and / or costly transplants where the success rate is far,far scarcer than the hair on my head.
Which when you think about it all is rather ironic because the guys who have had failed or less than satisfactory results with transplants all end up wearing anyway to gain what they thought they would through surgery or just to plainly hide and cover the scars left behind, which in some cases are quite horrific!!