Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few more pics [ Fullcap]
10-01-2011, 07:30 AM,
RE: A few more pics [ Fullcap]
I was kind of 'picking up' from JRob's site that the nape of the neck area may be a pain in the butt to deal with on the full cap, no?

I must wear a daily wear system because of a skin disease. Would a daily wear full cap be pracital?

Can you order the full cap already cut, say 2" all over?

Would you say appearance wise it is all around better or worst than a topper?

Thanks,

JR
10-01-2011, 07:37 AM,
are your skin disease caused by tapes and glues?
10-01-2011, 07:55 AM,
(10-01-2011, 07:37 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: are your skin disease caused by tapes and glues?

No,
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp or inside the ear.

I have to use a prescription shampoo that has sulfur in it and it turns your hair yellowish. I have white hair. I use peroxide mixed with water to remove the yellow from my own hair.

JR
10-01-2011, 08:28 AM,
Hi seven.... I have no issues at the nape..... with the first one [as I said] I did have some itching but after a while/2 washes the lace softened. If you want to do a daily de-bond as I do, you can use the lighter-hold tape `Sensi-tac`[the red rolls] Wearing a Fullcap is actually easier/less worrisome than a topper in terms of fears of it coming loose..... I find these are a snug fit and as long as the front hairline and sideburn area is reasonably ok there`s no issue. I don`t do an all-around bond.....simply a little tape at the front and sideburn area and that`s sufficient.... nightly removal takes about 2 minutes tops by releasing the lace from the tape with Lace-release and then I simply peel the tape strips off the skin. You have no need to literally super-glue the thing on all around or all over ...keep it simple. With a skin-condition, I imagine the less use of solvents/glue melters the better, to avoid possible problems? I`m not worried about having this stuck down right to the very last millimeter at the front/sides...as long as there is a strip of tape at the `vital`points [maybe 3/4s of an inch long] I don`t even bother bonding the nape most days. The factory does not style systems, but you could have Debbie to style it for you..that`s one of the advantages of Fullcaps...... no blending-in onto growing hair and no worries about color-matching either. I`m sure you could make contact with Debbie let her know what length to trim the nape hair to...just ask John to send your system to her on receipt from the factory. John tells me some people have / wear Fullcaps made of Swiss lace without any major issue....but the sideburn area is subject to `stress` from tugging during de-bonds so you could ask for French lace there or a double layer of Swiss if going for an all-Swiss system. French is that bit more robust in use/wear and can hold higher-densities better. Paul.
10-01-2011, 09:32 AM,
great pics paul!!!!, i woudn,t expect anything less from the oracle of wisdom, lol
the indian summer over here has given me a few hairline bonding probs,but soughted.
cant wait for cooler weather , detest warm nights , love cool breezes.
anty Smile
10-01-2011, 12:48 PM,
(10-01-2011, 06:07 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Landon.. it`s French lace though I was convinced when I got it [ this is my 2nd Fullcap] that it was Swiss...even asked John to check with the factory..this one feels a much smoother texture....the first one was/is definitely coarser....this one is much smoother and very like Swiss...... another wearer posted technical details of various laces a while back but I can`t remember which thread it`s on.....maybe I just got a different grade of lace... I`m not sure...I`m mystified ! Anyway, the base has no real bearing on the style as such...the density/ventilation are the main things.....the only possible downside of getting a lower-ish density is that when it begins to age/wear and possibly shed, you haven`t much to `fall back on` ...... 60% is still quite good for allowing scalp show-through,while allowing a bit of `margin` if/when shedding eventually begins...regards, Paul.

Thank you for your reply Paul, very kind!

Now I trying a light and natural result with SFS - intensity all 55% and 45-50% in the sides and front.... do you think is too light? I use a short cut...

Is really more durable French lace than Swiss?

^____________^
10-01-2011, 02:33 PM,
Paul,
Your photos look amazing. You make it sound pretty easy to apply and remove the full cap---and I am sure it is for you. For me, however, I take much more time and attention to get it just right. I can't imagine my getting the look you are able to get by doing it the way you do it. I do bond the entire perimeter, because I don't like the look when even a small area is not flush to the skin. I have also not had success with the red liner tape for the nape. In my experience, it doesn't hold well to either the lace or to my nape. But I wear my nape below the occipital bone, not above. I am sure that is an important factor. I also don't like the look of having tape right up to the edge of the hairline, either front or sides. So I glue the first quarter inch of the edge of the entire hairline, sides and front. In your situation, however, you have enough of your own hair on the sides to make it look good without gluing the edge. My routine takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to remove, re-attach, and style, which I do about every 4-5 days.

I envy the ease of YOUR routine, but I love the look that results from MY routine.
10-01-2011, 07:12 PM,
(10-01-2011, 07:55 AM)Seven Wrote:
(10-01-2011, 07:37 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: are your skin disease caused by tapes and glues?

No,
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp or inside the ear.

I have to use a prescription shampoo that has sulfur in it and it turns your hair yellowish. I have white hair. I use peroxide mixed with water to remove the yellow from my own hair.

JR

I don't wear a system yet but I have a similar problem. I have seb derm but my main problem is folliculitis near the nape of my neck and sides. I use a sulfur/salicylic acid shampoo daily. I could get a topper so it doesn't interfere much with my problematic skin areas but my hair was permanently thinned from medication I took long ago(was what also caused the skin condition) so any topper probably won't match the rest of my weird hair. I envy people with regular hairloss. Smile
10-01-2011, 11:03 PM,
Antywanty....would you like to swop with me..nothing but fog, then windy and heavy rain here for the last four days while UK is enjoying nearly 30 degrees of heat.....we`ve had 4 cms. of rain here!!!! Totally sickening !! Seriously though..thanks for the comments and in that heat anyone will have some bonding issues..it`s to be expected but you`re fairly well able to deal with it now...you`re a year wearing now I think ? You did very well though ...no going back now!!
Landon : By all means try wearing Swiss but do ask for the sideburn area, let`s say, from the bit just above the ear to the temple [that `Triangle`] to be reinforced by adding an extra layer of Swiss or having it made of French just to give it a bit of strength as it is subject to `stress`/wear from removals. I think I wouldn`t go lower than 55% at the sides or it might be too thin..... I like a little extra from the crown down to the nape to allow the stylist to layer the hair more effectively [ harder to do with lighter density]--it just `looks`better.Maybe try 60% on top, 65% crown to nape, and 55% at the sides--just a suggestion. I notice on one part of this system, the ventilator left a vertical strip of lace about two millimeters wide,and 15 millimeters long, with no hair tied in, just back from the temple..... it`s `coverable` when I style the hair etc. but if the density was any lighter than the present 55% I`d be struggling just there.... these are little things we have to `live with` when a system is hand-made...some ventilators do a better job than others ....it`s not a major issue for me, but my eagle-eye spotted it of course !!
Dino: I have the `luxury`of working from home so my time is much more my own than if I had to be up at the crack of dawn and dashing for trains etc. and being in close proximity to people on public transport/Queues and at work, so I totally get why you might be conscious of any part of your perimeter not being `nailed down`...maybe I`m just lucky but the only place where it`s noticeable is the sideburn area if I`m not careful there....the nape is not too noticeable at all because the hair is denser there and ventilated `tight`down so if I don`t bother to tape it, the system doesn`t suddenly `stand out`at an angle or anything ..... I had to attend hospital recently just to have that camera thing put down to see the stomach and I knew I`d need a stronger bond in case of any `mishaps` so I just used a few strips of Walker `no-shine` at the back/sides and some glue for the front hairline part..... even at that I found it tedious removing the glue that night compared to my normal 2 minute routine !! lol ! `Sensitac` is ok..has it`s limitations but if you want/need a nightly de-bond it can be useful for just a daily or short-term hold and there is no clean-up worth talking about... I was thinking more of the guy there who has scalp-irritation issues at the moment....stronger tape/glue could give him more problems and he might find it useful to have to hand until the skin heals etc.
I also have the perimeter below the occipital bone...... the little bit of my own hair which is there is VERY thin indeed and hardly worth talking about really...... I think you wear a short-cut style ? [looked great in the last pic I saw of you] That`s probably a little less forgiving than the longer hair I wear and so you`ll need to keep the perimeter in tight.....it`s all part of the `balancing act`which is hair-wearing.
I`m no doctor guys but have you tried things like coal tar -based shampoos for the scalp issues? Very soothing for that flaking/itching condition [ often this is a fungal issue] Nutragena T-gel shampoo is extremely good...... I`d be wary of using salicylic acid on my scalp...that`s what`s used in those wart-removal solutions....also sulfur strips a layer of skin off the scalp which many do not realise ...yes it will get rid of your dandruff but at a `cost`. I know a guy who picked up folliculitis on his body...he was telling me his Doctor asked him did he attend a gym [he did/does] and the Doc. said it`s an infection of the follicles and he probably caught it from sitting/lying on gym equipment which other people had used and perspired onto and the soft material had not been wiped with anti-bacterial solution, so it was news to me anyway..just relating the tale for any guys who go to gyms--make sure the equipment is wiped with a cleaning solution before using it. Paul.
10-02-2011, 07:22 AM,
(10-01-2011, 08:28 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi seven.... I have no issues at the nape..... with the first one [as I said] I did have some itching but after a while/2 washes the lace softened. If you want to do a daily de-bond as I do, you can use the lighter-hold tape `Sensi-tac`[the red rolls] Wearing a Fullcap is actually easier/less worrisome than a topper in terms of fears of it coming loose..... I find these are a snug fit and as long as the front hairline and sideburn area is reasonably ok there`s no issue. I don`t do an all-around bond.....simply a little tape at the front and sideburn area and that`s sufficient.... nightly removal takes about 2 minutes tops by releasing the lace from the tape with Lace-release and then I simply peel the tape strips off the skin. You have no need to literally super-glue the thing on all around or all over ...keep it simple. With a skin-condition, I imagine the less use of solvents/glue melters the better, to avoid possible problems? I`m not worried about having this stuck down right to the very last millimeter at the front/sides...as long as there is a strip of tape at the `vital`points [maybe 3/4s of an inch long] I don`t even bother bonding the nape most days. The factory does not style systems, but you could have Debbie to style it for you..that`s one of the advantages of Fullcaps...... no blending-in onto growing hair and no worries about color-matching either. I`m sure you could make contact with Debbie let her know what length to trim the nape hair to...just ask John to send your system to her on receipt from the factory. John tells me some people have / wear Fullcaps made of Swiss lace without any major issue....but the sideburn area is subject to `stress` from tugging during de-bonds so you could ask for French lace there or a double layer of Swiss if going for an all-Swiss system. French is that bit more robust in use/wear and can hold higher-densities better. Paul.
Thank you for the great and helpful reply, Paul. Does your unit stop on the ocipital bone in the back?

Would yoiur density suggestions be OK for someone about 70 years old?

Thank you, Paul!

Seven