Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few more pics [ Fullcap]
09-23-2011, 03:23 AM,
A few more pics [ Fullcap]
Hi guys ..took a few more pics yesterday hoping to improve on the picture-clarity and show what 55% density on the sides and top looks like.... varying lighting conditions affect the image ...in some it looks very thin on top but that`s just the camera `seeing through` the outer hair.. the reality is not quite as stark as it looks in the pics.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-23-2011, 03:55 AM,
RE: A few more pics [ Fullcap]
Wow, I would never in a hundred years guess this was not your own naturally growing hair!
09-23-2011, 04:43 AM,
I must give it a light shampooing now as I used two different types of leave-in conditioner....sometimes even with the best of conditioners, you can get a little build-up and it can leave the hair looking a little `tired`..... over-shampooing is unnecessary and will lead to color-lift ..... hair is not normally `dirty`as such, so no need to go heavy with shampoos. I posted these just to show newbies the density....the big temptation [naturally] in the effort to `cover up`the baldness is to go too heavy with the density..... a certain level of scalp show-through will add to the realistic effect of a nicely-styled system whereas a high density will be a sure fire way of drawing attention and make you self-conscious all over again. Hope these are of interest anyway....... regards to you all, Paul.
09-23-2011, 05:58 PM,
I have looked at quite a few of your pics and these are by far the best, very natural well cut hair . Density is perfect its a million miles away from what the average joe would asume to be a hair piece, no one would ever guess.
Its amazing what can be done now, i agree 100% about the scalp showing through to give the realistic look of natural hair..
09-24-2011, 12:32 AM,
hi paul,
if you dont mind can i ask who cuts in your unit? i m in london and dont have anyone nearby for cut in and always struggle, anyone know of any good stylist who can do cut in by post at a reasonable price
thanks
09-24-2011, 05:02 AM,
Hi guys -thanks for the comments. asalique-- I just go to a girl who has a local salon here in the town where I live.....very handy as I used to travel to Dublin which is 160 miles away. She is very popular generally with both genders ..a lot of the young guys get their hair cuts there and you know how fussy they can be nowadays ! lol ! So I just went in one day with a new system in a bag, showed her and asked would she trim/cut it in so she said yeah. I just said look it`s no big deal--simply a head of long-ish hair sitting on an artificial scalp, and no different than if a client arrived into the salon who`d left their hair grow long---would a stylist turn away/refuse to cut that person`s hair ? No they wouldn`t, and this is no different. Some of these stylists/Salons, if you phone them to ask if they`ll do it for you, make a big deal of it as if it was the next most tricky thing to sending 3 men to the moon !! My stylist takes about 15 minutes or so to cut it in. I appreciate with London being such a big place and maybe has large/busy barber shops, that their attitude might be `oh can`t be bothered with the hassle of this` but if you approach a few of the smaller ones and ask politely, I`m sure you`ll find someone who`ll agree..... if you show them the system it can help to dispel and `doubts`they might have about what`s involved....... basically all they have to do is layer-in the hair and trim it to the correct length...it`s not rocket-science. Don`t allow them to rip you off either.. I pay 30€ for mine. It`s the one big problem of going the `D.I.Y.`route i.e. locating a stylist. Debbie does it for a reasonable price..... you could always carefully do a bit of a `nip/tuck`here and there with a thinning scissors when it comes back from her if the blend-in is a bit noticeable between your own hair and the system or better yet, go to a barbers and just tell `em it`s a system and can they just do a little `tidying up` for you -- once you`re sat in the chair they can hardly refuse !! Regards , Paul.
09-24-2011, 08:19 AM,
The pics look great Paul! This is what, your second full cap? Didn't take you long to get the hang of the full cap thing!
09-24-2011, 11:00 AM,
Hi JRob... yeah it`s been a lot less hassle than I imagined it might be.....the main plus to my mind is not having to blend in onto growing hair as with a topper and not having to worry about oxidation of system hair while the growing hair stays it`s normal color and you end up coloring it.... not that it was a major issue, but it`s just one less thing to have to do as part of a normal care routine. I built a little temple-recession into the Template but it wasn`t too obvious on the first Fullcap as the density came back very heavy and had to be thinned.....this one is bang-on at 55% so a tad more of the temples are revealed ---- kind of `age appropriate`. So glad to have found Toplace originally and the forum was very helpful too in picking up hints and tips...I couldn`t afford the prices I was paying to Salons even for toppers...I shudder at how much I spent..now that I`m having to wear full cap, I`d be afraid to ask the price from a Salon..... Toplace systems are definitely the way to go...nice good -quality hair at reasonable cost. Your own site was a great source of helpful tips too when I was considering making a Template for the Fullcaps... the e-book was so easy to read,so thanks for that.... it`s nice to be able to help each other out in this wearing world. Cheers,--Paul.
10-01-2011, 03:28 AM,
(09-23-2011, 03:23 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi guys ..took a few more pics yesterday hoping to improve on the picture-clarity and show what 55% density on the sides and top looks like.... varying lighting conditions affect the image ...in some it looks very thin on top but that`s just the camera `seeing through` the outer hair.. the reality is not quite as stark as it looks in the pics.

Hi dear Paul,

Compliments for this style, is very natural!!! =))

The result with 55% density is very interesting.....

This is TL100 (SFS) ?
10-01-2011, 06:07 AM,
Hi Landon.. it`s French lace though I was convinced when I got it [ this is my 2nd Fullcap] that it was Swiss...even asked John to check with the factory..this one feels a much smoother texture....the first one was/is definitely coarser....this one is much smoother and very like Swiss...... another wearer posted technical details of various laces a while back but I can`t remember which thread it`s on.....maybe I just got a different grade of lace... I`m not sure...I`m mystified ! Anyway, the base has no real bearing on the style as such...the density/ventilation are the main things.....the only possible downside of getting a lower-ish density is that when it begins to age/wear and possibly shed, you haven`t much to `fall back on` ...... 60% is still quite good for allowing scalp show-through,while allowing a bit of `margin` if/when shedding eventually begins...regards, Paul.