Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
meetup in New York or Phila?
09-17-2011, 11:28 AM,
meetup in New York or Phila?
Is anyone is interested in a small meetup one weekend in New York City or Philadelphia to hang out and talk about hairwearing?

I would be glad to attend and give some advice to newbies. I also like seeing what some of the veterans are up to with their hair. Probably a public place where we could sit an hour or two and get some food and drink.
09-17-2011, 02:10 PM,
RE: meetup in New York or Phila?
(09-17-2011, 11:28 AM)dino1 Wrote: Is anyone is interested in a small meetup one weekend in New York City or Philadelphia to hang out and talk about hairwearing?

I would be glad to attend and give some advice to newbies. I also like seeing what some of the veterans are up to with their hair. Probably a public place where we could sit an hour or two and get some food and drink.

Would absolutely love that. I'm in NJ and about equal distance to both NYC and Philly, though Philly is typically easier getting into.
09-19-2011, 11:51 AM,
Any others? Xeon, how about you?
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM,
From what I understand you've been in the full cap wearing business for some time now and have your pieces nailed to a T. I'm about to start wearing a full cap soon as well and definitely interested in learning a thing or two from you. Would really love to take you up on this offer and hope other in our area join in, too. How can I get in touch with you outside of here to coordinate? I tried the PM feature, but it doesn't work and I don't want to post my email or phone number on the forum. :/
09-21-2011, 02:54 PM,
Yeah, I understand. Same here. Give me a few days and I'll get back to you on this thread.
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM,
Hey, haven't started wearing yet but want to order my first one soon. If you do a meet up in NYC I would love to chat you guys up and get your advice, experience, suggestions, also do you have a stylist in NYC?
10-04-2011, 03:24 PM,
Erin in Bayonne, NJ is really good. I had her do a couple of my cut ins a few years ago.
10-04-2011, 11:19 PM,
(10-04-2011, 03:24 PM)egghead Wrote: Erin in Bayonne, NJ is really good. I had her do a couple of my cut ins a few years ago.

I know of a stylist on the outskirts of Philly that has been in the business many moons if anyone is interested !

johnny/albuquerque
10-15-2011, 02:55 PM,
Anybody still interested in a weekend meet up? Would like to meet up with some wearers for some tips.
10-17-2011, 12:39 PM,
I started the thread, and I am still interested. But a New York trip may be out of the question for a while for me. I have too much going on myself over the next couple of months. I am still open to meeting in Philadelphia, which wouldn't take a full day for me.