Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
09-12-2011, 08:27 PM,
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
canty---it`s WAY too early for you to go fullcap.... I can understand the temptation but it`s best to use your own hair and integrate a topper....you`ll have enough issues to deal with initially as a topper-wearer without dealing with fullcap issues too.....certainly, once you begin wearing and as you get used to it [and you WILL have a learning-curve] you can consider the fullcap route later...your back/sides are still good, though I guess you`re not entirely happy with a lot of grey.... I guess coloring your hair to hide grey could become tedious and you run the risk of not getting the color blend with your topper correct and it being `off`....it will be less time-consuming to have a topper made to match your existing hair [one less chore for you to do as a new-wearer] Grey hairs on a system are man-made [fiber] so that in the event of color-fade/oxidation of the human hair [ requiring coloring to `freshen `it up] the grey will remain grey i.e. not take on the new color. I wouldn`t order hair length more than 4 inches in your case..you wear a short style and even with 4 inch there will still be a lot which will end up on the cutting room floor. You`ll have to locate a stylist to do your cut-in......failing that...you can have John send your system to Debbie [who will then send it on to you] who does cut-in`s for a small charge..... your pics showing your remaining hair /direction / crown area will help her to trim it in for you....you could then always go to a stylist/barber near you for any little `tweaking` here and there if you felt the need once it`s on your head...making sure they `go easy`with sharp comb-teeth near the lace...last thing you need is for them to catch it and rip it..... http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/ click the `services`link up top of Debbie`s site .....you can also choose a selection of products there too. If you choose that route, you can order a bottle of Knot-sealer under the `Accessories`link but you can ask Debbie to apply/seal the knots for you for the first time [ it`s usual to re-apply it after 4-6 weeks depending on how frequently the system`s been washed /shampooed] Go VERY easy with it----tutorial on applying it is on the `Info links for newbies thread` up top here.
So my recommendation ...ease into wearing by doing a nice template and order a topper..get used to this `game`and then consider the full-cap route a little later....you should really easily utilize your growing hair and integrate a system for a nice look...... as long as you have good sides and back keep that as long as you can.. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system? - Paul In Ireland - 09-12-2011, 08:27 PM