Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
09-12-2011, 08:14 AM,
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
Hi canty..have marked an approximate outline on 2 of your pics. Your recession is quite common. Just at the crown-point I have marked 2 colored lines.... your hair really grows in a strong `swirl`there ...you can either take in the whole of that vortex by following the blue line or by followig the red line you can have your perimeter sitting right in the middle of the swirl with the hair at the very edge following the `forward` growing hair and keeping the back/down hair .. it`s really a personal choice ..... I think if I had the choice I`d go with blue thus having the factory make/take-in the `entire`swirl area.... it`s hard to be totally sure what might be easiest for you .....maybe some other wearers with similar thinning in that area can tell you which way they went...... just marry-up the suggested lines with the front bit as marked.... I`m assuming your side hair in front of the ears is ok and not receded so no need to have long flaps down there.....just fill in the temple recession with the smaller size flaps as I have [roughly] sketched. Always try to relpace what you had rather than put in `extra`coverage which was never there before. I suggest you enclose those last 3 pics there showing your present hair --especially at the crown -point as they`ll need to re-creat that growing -pattern when ventilationg in the hair on your system and also [importantly] to show the percentage of grey you have.... this is very do-able really. You may initially find the template-making a bit `fiddley`but just have patience..there`s no mad rush to get it spot -on at the first attempt. You`ll need to make your best/most accurate marks on your skin [ use and eyebrow pencil ] where your original hairlines were at the front and temples, then trace them with marker onto the template.....using a hand-held mirror, have a look at the top of the head/crown area and mark the approx. outline of the thinning area onto the cling-film where your perimeter edge will be. You can then add layers of sellotape to give your template `body`.... you can trim it with plenty excess material still on it and then gradually trim it in bit by bit while popping it on the head to see how it looks.....then you`ll gradually get it to a nice fit.....don`t fret over it being deadly-accurate...you just need to represent the areas requiring coverage and which follows the contours of your head for a nice fit..... persevere with it if it doesn`t go without `problems` on your first attempt.... you`ll nail it after a little while. You`re not striving for perfection--just a reasonable representation of the area/coverage...... you might post a pic of the finished item on your head just to show us how it went..cheers.. Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system? - Paul In Ireland - 09-12-2011, 08:14 AM