Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
09-09-2011, 02:26 AM,
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
Hi again canty....yup..pics are far easier to `work` with when trying to advise a person....the golden rule here is not to go `forward`of your natural hairline.... the 3rd pic......that will look good as long as you don`t break that golden rule. You can let your hair grow a bit longer while awaiting delivery of your system and then you can have it styled-in to match .....I imagine you won`t be going for a style a lot longer than you now have so there`s no point in ordering the standard 6-inch of hair length as well over half of it will end up on the floor and it`s only making work for the stylist. Pick a style from this site: http://www.hairfinder.com/mens_hairstyles.htm which best `fits`your desired look and [ importantly] matches your own hair-direction [ I notice the front bit there is growing forward in a spikey/down direction] I can`t tell from the pics there what direction your sides are but in the earlier pic it looked like down and backwards? It will be very helpful if you have an older pic of when you had all your hair showing the side-view including the fringe ..... I can see how the temples have thinned out there too.... it`s really a matter of locating that original hairline, then marking a line around to the temples as far as possible re-creating where your hair used to grow from..... have a look at Snipe`s thread up top on how he makes his template including temple-flaps [which is what I reckon you`ll need] Take your time with it...don`t expect to get it spot-on with the first attempt.....be patient with it...you`ll end up with the correct shape [hopefully] sooner rather than later...... honestly ...making a template does not need to be accurate to the nearest millimeter......a reasonably accurate shape which will cover your bald/receded areas and which follows the contour of your head is all that is needed......just dampen down your `middle`hair then get a long strip of cling-film and lay it on the head like a women`s headscarf ...tie it loosely under the chin and pull the back bit down/ back in order to get the creases out....you can give it rigidity as shown in snipes`tutorial by adding alternate layers of sellotape and cling-film.......you should be able to see the front hairline which you have marked with the pencil...just trace it onto the film with an indelible marker..... cut it out with plenty of `excess`/spare material still on it.....you can gradually trim it in once you see how it looks ...the tutorial videos on `Youtube` show it very practically. Hope that helps.....Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system? - Paul In Ireland - 09-09-2011, 02:26 AM