Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
09-08-2011, 10:23 PM,
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
Hi canty... don`t quite follow what you mean about the hairline [restore/augment it maybe one inch or so] I`m just having a closer look now at the pic....it`s taken from above-ish so I can`t see a straight-on view..but it looks to me there as if there is a slightly reddish patch of skin in front of the hair there which goes around to each temple.... is that where hair used to be growing and has receded back from ? If so, then you simply make you template so that it covers/takes in that area....same shape as what I have marked only more forward....you need to re-create what you used to have [which is what you are after ]...if you sit in front of a mirror, and frown or raise your eyebrows...if you look closely you will see that the forehead skin `moves`/creases but the scalp skin remains the same [doesn`t change] ..that`s your actual hairline...you can mark it with the pencil, then begin your template-making. Just make sure your `new`hair won`t come out beyond/past that line or it will not look right at all and will look as if you have hair growing from your forehead...another method is to place your hand/fingers across your forehead with your small finger resting at the eyebrows...the index finger will normally be then sitting at the hairline.....just locate your natural hairline and work from that. Stock systems are not an option for you for a few reasons not least being your hair has a backward growing direction and is `wiry`...stocks are freestyle and not far off straight so no way will it blend-in for you......locating your hairline will be key for you. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system? - Paul In Ireland - 09-08-2011, 10:23 PM