Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
09-14-2011, 02:06 PM,
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
Hey Ruulkasar, those are impressive to say the least... it's impossible to tell you're wearing. Especially the first two photos. It's amazing. So I take that your "real" hair is the one pictured here?

http://abload.de/browseGallery.php?gal=z...-1gu9a.jpg

Which is pretty good anyhow! Even if you're using some kind of concealer, it just looks like a buzz haircut. Nothing out of the ordinary - which is exactly the point, since stealth is what we're trying to achieve.

Also, are you wearing here?

http://abload.de/browseGallery.php?gal=z...o1alfh.jpg

Because honestly I can't tell either. The hairline seems to be somewhat lower, and the sides do seem fuller, but normally I would've chalked it up to the camera angle or something like that. (I also have an untrained eye, like most people, and that might be a factor)

Regarding the gradual hairline, that's definitely sensible advice but in my specific case I'm not much worried about that because I'm graduating and moving soon. My current friends already know about my problem and don't care. My relatives don't care either and my parents even rejoiced at the idea because whenever I apply the concealer, the bathroom walls get caked with a thin layer of black soot Big Grin Big Grin

The new place will be a complete blank slate socially, so no worries about that. People will simply meet me with the "new" hair right from the beginning.

By the way, are you from Germany? How did you manage to order from TopLace? Did you make a template, send it to them and then had it styled locally wherever you're living, or did TopLace take care of everything and your unit was ready to wear out-of-the-box?

Fellow European here, that's why I'm asking.

(Also just realized that Paul must be European too probably, "Paul in Ireland" Big Grin)
09-15-2011, 05:18 AM,
hehe no i am Norwood 4-5 and i wear in the buzzed picture a gazillion tons of concealer, which was pain in the ass to aply everyday lol! I did this 2 years an i never got busted, so i did a good job, but it was a huuuuge effort (1 hour a day and constantly worring about water)and so i swiched to hairpieces, which only need 10 or 20 minutes maintenance a day. And yes i am wearing in every picture and the picture with the shorter hair was the first attachment ever in my life Big Grin Its not that difficult, the only tricky part is to let the lace disapear, but thats only a matter of practice.

Jeah to start in a new environment is the best way to accomplish the wearing game.

Jup i am from germany and i order mainly stockunits, because they fit on my head and the shipping time is realy short (5 days, or in the worst case 3 weeks). I have my template at home and when i receive the unit i cut it in my size and go to the barber.
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM,
Wow Ruulkasar, one our per day? Talk about commitment!

I only apply it about 2x/week, then apply a coating of gel which I subsequently dry off with a hair drier (I think it's pretty noticeable from the photos I posted, since I used flash), and then add some hair spray for good measure. That keeps the stuff in place under almost any condition, including water (Dermatch is really the stuff, the rest is junk), although of course I always tend to avoid these situations just in case and I doubt I would ever swim with it.

By the way, you said that your hair system needs 10/20 minutes of maintenance per day? Honestly, I thought that one of the advantages of a hair system was that once set in place snugly and securely with tape and glue, there wasn't much maintenance to do for about one or two weeks.

Or maybe you meant styling/combing?

(Still collating data, forgive the ignorance)
09-15-2011, 10:07 PM,
You dont need maintenance if you dont expose your hairline, but i expose my front realy often so i need to get sure that the lace is invisible and this needs 10 or 20 minutes per day.

A combed forward hairstyle doesnt suit me, so thats why i do this. The hairpiece stays there for 2 weeks or sometimes longer (the longest time i did was 6 weeks, but this was realy a mess. I didnt have glue at this time because i was out of money, so it was a hardcore test lol, but it worked)
09-16-2011, 04:16 PM,
Oh, I see. Luckily for me I'd like to go for a covered hairline look (my old, younger look), so maybe that wouldn't be much of a problem. Smile

Just out of curiosity though, exactly what makes the process so long? Is it because the front lace detaches a bit overnight? Or maybe some crud (dirt, dandruff, whatever) sticks on the glue and makes the hairline detectable?

By the way, look what I found... a couple of pictures from about one year and half ago. Not exactly a mane of hair, but no concealer or anything like that. It's incredible how things can go downhill so fast with hair. Sad

Attached Files Image(s)