Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help making a topper w/temple flaps
09-04-2011, 07:58 AM,
Help making a topper w/temple flaps
Well, I'm kinda down today After examining my recent attachment I noticed that my existing hair shot. Such that even a very light density topper clashes with my own hair. It looks terrible. The existing hair looks more like skin with some peach fuzz. There's not a decent hair on my entire head. So... I'm probably on my way to a full cap, but I'm only just getting the hang of wearing and quite frankly I'm pretty intimidated by the idea of a fullcap, so I think I'm going to inch my way into it.

Are there any videos or well written instructions on how to create a template that has flaps? The style I wear is Snipe's. I'll probably leave 2-3" of my own hair which means the CC hairline will have to turn into temple hair for about 1-2". More importantly, what do you tell the factory to do with this side area? How should it be ventilated? My biggest fear is that said area would stick out and not lie naturally.

Any tips regarding this transition are greatly appreciated.
09-04-2011, 09:29 AM,
RE: Help making a topper w/temple flaps
Snipe is probably the best to advise you on the way to proceed with this...however from what you describe, it sounds to me as though Fullcap would be a far simpler solution to your difficulties..... sounds as if you`ve reached the end of the line as far as blending -in even a very light density system onto your own sparse hair --nothing worse than being `conscious` of it on your head...I can assure you as a new wearer of Fullcaps, this is no more of a difficulty than wearing a topper.... I had read a lot of things which made me wary of it but in truth, once you nail the temple/sideburn area with your template and get the ventilation correct, a decent cut-in will open a new lease of life for you...worth considering. Paul.