Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any wearers in a same sex relationship?
09-03-2011, 03:37 PM,
Any wearers in a same sex relationship?
Just seeing if there are any other wearers in a same sex relationship? Wearing has been very difficult for me the last year or so. I have trouble with coming to terms with wearing being something that should be simple to tell a partner but when your partner is another man it feels extremely difficult.
09-03-2011, 08:09 PM,
RE: Any wearers in a same sex relationship?
Don`t think the `type` of relationship has any particular bearing on the issue.... this ``do I tell or not`` thing has been covered a few times before...yes it is a real dilemma for many, for others, well not such a big deal.....I guess it`s all down to the individual person who you are considering telling and how they will/not react..... wearing is now part of your life/routine and if a potential partner was to have an issue with it well I guess that`s just the way it goes.. it`s down to the individual person and their possible `prejudices`..... personally --have said this here before--- I`d prefer to bring this out into the open myself, rather than get busted..at least it would have been done on `my terms` rather than it being sprung on me... you`ll just never know how ANY person will react until you tell them...there is no such thing as the `perfect`human being and life is all about compromises ..... what about people who have dentures, or prosthetic limbs---does that make them somehow `inferior` to others? No it doesn`t and many of them have life-partners/are married etc. and you wearing hair is no different...my attitude is that if a potential partner has a `problem`with you because of a small `flaw`[in their mind] well then mate, you`re better off without them in the first place...just my 2-cents worth ! Cheers, Paul.
09-03-2011, 08:32 PM,
(09-03-2011, 08:09 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Don`t think the `type` of relationship has any particular bearing on the issue.... this ``do I tell or not`` thing has been covered a few times before...yes it is a real dilemma for many, for others, well not such a big deal.....I guess it`s all down to the individual person who you are considering telling and how they will/not react..... wearing is now part of your life/routine and if a potential partner was to have an issue with it well I guess that`s just the way it goes.. it`s down to the individual person and their possible `prejudices`..... personally --have said this here before--- I`d prefer to bring this out into the open myself, rather than get busted..at least it would have been done on `my terms` rather than it being sprung on me... you`ll just never know how ANY person will react until you tell them...there is no such thing as the `perfect`human being and life is all about compromises ..... what about people who have dentures, or prosthetic limbs---does that make them somehow `inferior` to others? No it doesn`t and many of them have life-partners/are married etc. and you wearing hair is no different...my attitude is that if a potential partner has a `problem`with you because of a small `flaw`[in their mind] well then mate, you`re better off without them in the first place...just my 2-cents worth ! Cheers, Paul.

But you cant really compare hair wearing to something like prosthetic limbs etc as those are things people generally need to survive almost, hair wearing is kind of about vanity in a way, like a woman getting breast implants. Guys dont generally care if a woman has breast implants cos its more fun for them lol and women in general are more sympathetic so wouldn't generally care if their husband/boyfriend wears hair but I have found it harder trying to accept that it can be the same for someone like me, meeting guys and hoping they are ok with it if I told them. For me, for the last couple of years I have been trying to get the specifications for the perfect undetectable full cap so that I could get away with keeping it from potential partners. I had one partner where I didn't tell him, we were together almost a year, reason I managed to keep it from him was cos I was using product in the hair. When theres product in ur hair, people dont generally want to run their hands through ur hair. I did tell my first boyfriend and he was fine about it. It would be nice to have support from other guys like me though Smile
09-03-2011, 11:11 PM,
It just depend on your attitude.. if you laugh about it and don't care, people won't care much, and you'll feel way better Smile
09-04-2011, 03:20 AM,
In my opinion, I would think telling another guy would be easier. Guys lose their hair. Going bald is more common for males than females. So, I would guess your boyfriend would look at it as,"Hey,this might happen to me someday" and be more understanding. If your Boyfriend does give you a hard time about wearing then I would say to him he had better pray he does not lose any hair or even have any of his hair thin. Two can play that game if he wants to be a jerk about it. Only if your BF is really young would I guess it might be a problem and even then as he grows older and matures his attitude will more than likely change.

I agree with Paul. If ANYONE(male or female) has a problem with you wearing a Toplace then what else will they find fault with? When you get old and begin to get wrinkles? I would casually mention it and not make a big deal over it. Just my opinion.
09-04-2011, 03:23 AM,
yes its up to you, if you dont have a problem with it, your partner wont have one either. It doesnt matter which sex your partner has.

In my opinion it is better to tell it early instead of constantly fearing and thinking about it. I had two girlfriends since i wear and both knew it and it was not a problem. Telling the truth is a act of faith.
09-04-2011, 08:16 AM,
(09-03-2011, 11:11 PM)younggun Wrote: It just depend on your attitude.. if you laugh about it and don't care, people won't care much, and you'll feel way better Smile

I agree 100% Wink
09-04-2011, 01:46 PM,
(09-03-2011, 11:11 PM)younggun Wrote: It just depend on your attitude.. if you laugh about it and don't care, people won't care much, and you'll feel way better Smile

That's how I want to be but cant seem to for some reason, my family dont even know, or they may know but I havent told them. I did go through the thinning thing and they knew then but I spent years and lots of money on laser hair procedures etc so I have them believe that is what got my hair back. But I have had one or two friends that I am sure are sus about my hair and I wish I was able to be fine with people knowing Sad
(09-04-2011, 03:23 AM)Ruulkasar Wrote: yes its up to you, if you dont have a problem with it, your partner wont have one either. It doesnt matter which sex your partner has.

In my opinion it is better to tell it early instead of constantly fearing and thinking about it. I had two girlfriends since i wear and both knew it and it was not a problem. Telling the truth is a act of faith.

Maybe I'm part of the problem. I hate wearing, its been a horrible experience for me, trying to get the right specifications for full caps so they WORK properly, wasted so much money, so time consuming cleaning them and reattaching them. If I didn't care about detectability it would be easier to attach with tape at the front but having to glue the front to make it more real is a pain in the ass. Tapes irritate around the sides so when I remove I have to leave it off for a good 24 hours to give my skin a break. I miss my real hair lol.
09-04-2011, 02:20 PM,
About the tape.. Do you apply scalp protector??

Think this way man... In a few years, you'll be dead, and nothing of this (your hair, your problems, money, banks, work, time invested in x), will matter, you are brought to this life to enjoy it at its fullest man!, not to be afraid of "what would someone say if..", "what could happen if..", if you wear, it's because you want to wear, it's because you're bald and don't like it, and want to improve your looking, you wear for YOURSELF, not for others, f*** other people, they will be all dead in a few years like you.

before going through a difficult time in my life I was concerned about my hair so much, and after that time I realized it was just because I dindn't have much problems in life and people must have problems in life, if they don't at first they surely will find one so they can subconsciously concentrate in them and forget for a while that they are brought here basically to reproduce their selves and die (in your case you jump over that step, anyways there are a lot of children in the world in need of a great dad like I'm sure you can be).

Seriously, I'm so tall (somewhere around 6,6), so everywhere I go people know I'm there, and each day I have to laugh about my height in front of minimum 2 or 3 grandmas, I'm used to it, and I joke about it, that's something it hasn't limited me at all (despite my height I surf & skate pretty well), I have had loads of girlfriends, friends, etc. And everytime I feel bad for something, I just go out and see grandpas, people in wheel chairs, guys with one leg, one arm, and I ask to myself.. dude are you idiot?.

Think this way also, if other people can live this way, why can't you, of course you can, you just have to wake up one day, think as if it was your last day in life. What would you do? Big Grin

Hope I've made you think a little man, kind regards
09-04-2011, 04:03 PM,
Honestly man... I know what you are going though. As a gay man, it can be odd wearing a piece. Especially if you are young. Gay guys can be shallow and it sucks... We have to watch our weight, our hair, our body hair, our words... I mean it can be overwhelming... I usually wait until I know if a guy is "real" or not before I say anything. There are guys out there who would think you are lacking if you wear hair, however, most of the dudes are not. Just enjoy how you feel with hair and work to know who the good guys are! They are out there... and way more than you would think. My boyfriend tells me that he thinks I am sexy bald.... but I like wearing hair and he is cool with it! Just as their are shallow gals, there are shallow gays! LOL... the trick is waiting until you know! BTW... I really appreciate all the guys on here who make supportive comments! It's great to have honest, cool, forward guys on this forum!