Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hair Wax: A New Solution
09-01-2011, 01:33 AM,
Hair Wax: A New Solution
OMG, I just stumbled upon something that works better than WaxWorks!!!!
09-01-2011, 03:43 AM,
RE: Hair Wax: A New Solution
Very cool, is it just called "hair wax"... or what is the name?

Snipe, the pictures of your hairpiece is what made me decide to go ahead and start wearing hair.. great pictures, I got a question for you, what is your attachment method, do you use tape or glue or a combination of both, if you use tape what kind of tape is it?

Thank's a lot.
09-01-2011, 04:06 AM,
No.I bought it last night and I'm away but will update shortly.
It's Paul Mitchell though.
This stuff is end game, it's that good!
09-01-2011, 05:21 AM,
Paul Mitchell Dry Wax. I didn't do a complete review of ingredients though. But overnight results are amazing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAUL-MITCHELL-FI...1c1e67de5e

Ingredients:
http://www.goodguide.com/products/175752...ll-dry-wax
09-01-2011, 08:56 PM,
Are any of the ingredients a type of oil? Everyone recommends Wax Works but the stuff is full of oil and oil kills the bond. I don't get why WW is so popular for hair wearers.
09-02-2011, 02:00 AM,
(09-01-2011, 03:43 AM)Mr.Hair Wrote: Very cool, is it just called "hair wax"... or what is the name?

Snipe, the pictures of your hairpiece is what made me decide to go ahead and start wearing hair.. great pictures, I got a question for you, what is your attachment method, do you use tape or glue or a combination of both, if you use tape what kind of tape is it?

Thank's a lot.

I use all Supertape, a contour and 1/2inch on a roll for the rest. Check the Tape Tips thread, I just posted the taped up pic.
(09-01-2011, 08:56 PM)Hairenough Wrote: Are any of the ingredients a type of oil? Everyone recommends Wax Works but the stuff is full of oil and oil kills the bond. I don't get why WW is so popular for hair wearers.

Check the info links sticky for a full write up WW.

As for the breakdown of the bond, I find that hard to believe.

First off, we're not putting the WW one our lace so there is no contact there. WW won't "drip" down into bond either, that's not possible.

Second, I tested and posted about this 5 years ago, did a test with Brylcream and some others, really had no effect on Supertape or White Glue.
09-02-2011, 03:41 PM,
Wax works is so shiny.. and that's the reason I'm not too crazy about it.
09-03-2011, 02:58 AM,
(09-02-2011, 02:00 AM)Snipe Wrote: [quote='Mr.Hair' pid='30771' dateline='1314805410']

As for the breakdown of the bond, I find that hard to believe.

First off, we're not putting the WW one our lace so there is no contact there. WW won't "drip" down into bond either, that's not possible.

Second, I tested and posted about this 5 years ago, did a test with Brylcream and some others, really had no effect on Supertape or White Glue.

It's true that oil loosens glue bonds. That's why many lace release products have oil in them and why some use olive oil to remove glue from the scalp. Scalp oil, oil in products, it all weakens the bond. So using a styling product with oil in it can affect the bond. You may not be putting it near the lace, but once you sleep with it, it will work its way into the lace. If you are lucky enough that your body chemistry allow for a god week+ bond with no lift, then you may not notice the difference the oily products may make, but if you're like me and can only get 5 days without any lift, adding an oily styling products into the mix reduces this time greatly and makes life harder.
09-03-2011, 06:33 AM,
Not realy understanding how that much can get down to the lace?

Anyway, few days in the a 2 month old piece, well the hair looks and feels better than new, no joke.

Also folli, this does not shine as much as WW.
09-03-2011, 11:21 AM,
Yeah I go a week, never any lift.