Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Tones
08-26-2011, 08:44 AM,
Red Tones
My hair is turning red when in sunlight lol, It is kind of old I will order a new one pretty soon, can I color it so I can use it before the other one comes, and what brand color you guys reccomend?

thanks
08-26-2011, 08:34 PM,
RE: Red Tones
Yeah Mr Hair...you can color it.... you`ll have to be careful to keep the solution/product off the lace though... have a look at this-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JLZlxHA0s4
Back2natural is recommended by Toplace..... you can use `normal`coloring products if you wish..just keep it off the lace or it will stain it and only leave it on/in the hair for no more than about 3 minutes [ignore the timings on the pack as these are for growing hair ] Whenever I applied coloring products, I wet the hair[then blot it on a towel so remove excess water], then put product onto a steel comb, and turn the system upside down, then `draw`[comb]it through / onto the hair from the `roots`to the tips, thereby avoiding the lace base....then rinse it off by holding the lace under running water so that the water runs through the lace first, down the hair to the tips and `away`from the lace so avoiding staining of the base.....appply conditioner then as usual and your system will look nice and `fresh`.....Paul.
08-26-2011, 09:49 PM,
(08-26-2011, 08:44 AM)Mr.Hair Wrote: My hair is turning red when in sunlight lol, It is kind of old I will order a new one pretty soon, can I color it so I can use it before the other one comes, and what brand color you guys reccomend?

thanks

http://www.aveda.com/products/CATEGORY10...?PAGENUM=3

I have no idea how it works compared to the ADF. Found it on another forum. Maybe it might work for you. Look around that site. They also have a shampoo that works in conjunction with it. Good luck.
08-26-2011, 11:10 PM,
thank you guys
08-27-2011, 08:59 AM,
Keep in mind that using the wrong kind of shampoo and/or shampooing too often is probably going to cause more color change than the sun for most people. A little color change is inevitable but a good maintenance routine can slow the process quite a bit.
08-27-2011, 02:43 PM,
just ordered back2natural, thanks again
08-28-2011, 12:59 AM,
As I'm always outside in the sun, working in the beach, surfing etc, My natural hair gets a lot of "red tones"... so I can't even imagine my hairpiece haha, That's one of the main reasons I want to go full cap, because of the color blending that otherwise would be difficult. Because of the bonding (fullcaps are more secure for surfing), because of the possibility of going with the shaved look in trips... all of this sacrificing maintenance, costs, and all that, but I've red back2natural is wonders.
08-28-2011, 01:32 AM,
My experience of it is it`s a really good product ---especially for helping to `hide`the color differences which can be a problem, between growing and system hair..... the only thing I noticed was that as time wore on when I wore toppers, and as the hair became more `tired` it [the hair] was less inclined to `take`the color as easily as in the early days, so I then used a `normal`[harsher too] proprietary coloring solution, but that wasn`t too much of a concern at that point in time because usually by then I had another system on order so the `harsher` product was just to tide me over until the new one arrived.....the really good thing about back2natural is that it also conditions the hair as it colors it..... I think that you`ll really do your system a lot of good younggun, and help prolong it`s viable life, by using a good leave-in conditioner which has sunscreen in it.....the `Enhance`one I use has it...there are others available too, but so far I`m very happy with that one as it`s not inclined to `clog`the hair..... just tried the link to the UK site where I intended to buy it next time....they`ve changed their site and I can`t see any mention of `Enhance`` :-( Will e-mail them and ask are they still selling it...that`s very strange now.hmmm .....Anyway, here`s another link which may be of help.... http://www.thenearlynaturalcollection.co..._16_oz.php Paul.
08-28-2011, 02:57 AM,
Found it ! After trawling through their new-look site..... also interested in having a look at the other bonding products they have..... might be of interest to some forum-readers. The various pages are numbered /clickable on the bottom of the page...
http://www.hair-development.com/shop/accessories/6
08-28-2011, 06:18 AM,
I have Back2Natural but I haven't been that impressed. I've left it in for 10 minutes and it helped somewhat, but not as much as I was hoping; still had some red/gold tones going on. However, this product is my new best friend:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Unred-Colo-Dr..._vc=SEARCH

You can add it to Back2Natural or your hair color mixture or even your conditioner. It works like a charm; totally kills red and gives me back that nice brown ashy thing I got.

Re: what Jrob said. Yes, shampooing often will speed up the time that the piece turns brassy. However, I don't really see how guys can go that long w/o shampooing it. If you use any products they need to be washed out, in my opinion. If you just wet the hair the products just stay in the hair and make the hair less than clean and soft feeling. That's just my experience. So I shampoo often and use that unred drabber product.