Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow response to email? And questions for those in the know!
08-25-2011, 02:51 AM,
RE: Slow response to email? And questions for those in the know!
You`re `caught` mainly by the fact that you need a substantial amount of grey put in, therefore it will have to be custom-made. In the overall scheme of things, I have to concur with what Hersute pointed out... the cost of these systems are very reasonable compared to what would be gouged out of you if you were to go the Salon-supplied route [usually anyway] and would be paying multiples of what you`ve paid Toplace, but I totally `get` that a partial can seem expensive compared to a Topper as they are both approx. the same price even though the partial is often less than half the size.... having given this a bit of thought, I think it`s worth pointing out the following: Toppers are graduated-density at the front, so as not to draw visual attention to a `wall`of hair ...the very front bit is thinner and then rises[graduated] to a higher density as you `go back`.Partials are normally just a narrow strip so graduation doesn`t enter the equation. If I were you, I think what I might do is make a Template as normal, as if you were going for a Topper.....specify Non-graduated but you will HAVE TO specify the correct density to match your own hair [ post a pic of your front there with the face blanked out if you like and I and others can advise on what to order] .....that way, you get a uniform density all over the Topper.....you can then trim your partial from the Topper and hopefully, because the density on the remaining part will be correct and it will also be trimmed to the correct shape, you should be able to make at least a second partial from the one Topper..... no matter what way it goes, you`ll definitely get at least one partial with the front hairline looking good as the ventilation there will be correct..if I saw your present hair I`d be better-able to give `better`answer...maybe to put it more simply---- get a normal [full-size ]Topper --the front hairline will be correct shape and style [ventilation-direction]......you`ll trim it back behind the very front to whatever width you need, and the remaining part should be ok to possibly fashion a second one from.....hopefully that wasn`t too confusing !! Regards, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slow response to email? And questions for those in the know! - Paul In Ireland - 08-25-2011, 02:51 AM