Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
it's a 10 leave in product ?
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM,
it's a 10 leave in product ?
Many members in the forum r using it's a 10 leave in product .. i got mine today and have a question about its use.

i read somewhere that
1) some people use it once a week

2) some use daily after shower ( after shampoo and conditioner as instructed on the box )

3) still some do not shampoo and condition their hair daily, instead they rinse their unit with water and use it's a 10 once a week..

Actually this product is not available in Canada and i got one 4 OZ from USA..

So i want to know what is the best way to use it without overusing and hair remain soft and silky all week long
08-22-2011, 08:36 PM,
RE: it's a 10 leave in product ?
Hi firyspell. as you know, I`m no fan of frequent shampooing..it `lifts`the colour and is not really necessary. Also dries out the hair. When it IS necessary, about 2 teaspoonfuls of shampoo in a basin of lukewarm water is sufficient.....I allow the system to sit in it for about 2 mins., then simply dunk it in and out of the water a few times before rinsing it under running water...then I apply my conditioner liberally and brush it through with a rounded-tip nylon bristled brush[a normal comb can snag on the lace and tear it] and allow it to sit in the[now-empty] basin for anything up to half an hour. I only shampoo when/if the hair begins to look a little `tired`/lifeless [mostly] due to product build-up..even leave-in conditioners eventually can build-up to a point where you need to `freshen up` the hair with a light shampoo/conditioning.
In between shampooing etc., I simply mist with water and then use a leave-in conditioner... I think the ``It`s a 10`` provides good `volume`/ `body` to the hair and feels/looks as if there is Silicon in it..but it`s not listed in the ingredients.....I apply it when I can feel the hair beginning to feel coarse/dry....I was out working in the garden 2 days ago and was really sweating ...I simply came in, removed the system and rinsed it under running water to simply remove the sweat from the lace..the hair itself is not dirty as such... the acids in sweat will shorten the lifespan of any base material, so rinsing it out will prolong the life of your system...... once I blotted the hair dry, I simply sprayed on a few darts of `It`s a 10` and brushed it through, then styled the hair again....I find it `lasts`for a few days without further applications required....I simply feel the hair and if it feels like it`s beginning to `dry` I mist with water and apply a bit more product...I must say, it does hold it`s softness and tends to hold the hair into whatever style you`ve created...... I guess it`s a matter of seeing what works best for you, but I`d say just apply it when you feel the hair requires it....but you won`t need a daily application in my experience of it so far.... you can actually `feel`this product in the hair when you touch the hair but it doesn`t `log`the hair down provided you don`t get carried away when applying it. So far, very happy with it.. Paul.
08-24-2011, 06:57 PM,
I used the `It`s a 10` a few times this week as opposed to my usual one.. I ended up [lightly] shampooing the hair last night as it looked a bit `wiggy`/ `tired`---- I may have applied too much and got `build-up`. I applied my usual one after washing [`Enhance leave-in`] and it`s looking ok again -- `fresh`--so just be aware that it may be possible to have too much of a good thing ! Paul.
08-25-2011, 10:30 PM,
(08-24-2011, 06:57 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I used the `It`s a 10` a few times this week as opposed to my usual one.. I ended up [lightly] shampooing the hair last night as it looked a bit `wiggy`/ `tired`---- I may have applied too much and got `build-up`. I applied my usual one after washing [`Enhance leave-in`] and it`s looking ok again -- `fresh`--so just be aware that it may be possible to have too much of a good thing ! Paul.

Thanks Paul,
You explained it beautifully.

1) I have some more Questions for You regarding use of Loreal sulfate free Everpure Conditioner... i read somewhere that conditioners soften and weaken the knots...
so how often you use conditioner alone without shampoo.

2nd Q. about got2b glued .. are you still using it for front hair line. if so how u clean it when it comes lose while rest of the unit is still attached to perimeter.

cuz i ordered a fine mono unit with front 1 inch lace and i am concerned about cleaning this 1 inch lace part or i should go with regular glues.

3) among glues.. i have available here are Safe grip, perfector, ghost bond.. so how was your experience of shine and clean up with any of these glues... i did use ultra hold but as you know cleaning was a big mess... and Dayvlane is not available at the moment.
08-26-2011, 02:37 AM,
Hi Firyspell.... I don`t use the `normal`conditioners in between washes as they have to be rinsed out..... `Enhance ` and `It`s a 10 ` are in a pump-action bottle which you spray on/in and do not rinse out.... I haven`t heard of conditioners used just after shampooing, which are usually applied for 10 mins. or so before being rinsed out, having a negative effect on knots. If knot-sealer has been applied to them, that should prevent them becoming undone. I apply it if/when the hair begins to feel a little dry...simply mist with water and a few darts of leave-in conditioner which I brush through... I often `back-comb`the hair to get it kind of standing up so that the conditioner isn`t just `sitting on top`of the hair....it`s best to try to coat the hair shafts as much as possible....once it`s standing up, the conditioner will penetrate further into the system......
I don`t use Got2b usually...it`s fine for 90% of the head to give a good hold with easy clean-up..simply hop into the shower and get it wet and it will release easily and simply rinse off.....you`ll need to use an ordinary glue or tape for the very front as Got2b tends to lift at the very perimeter...... I can`t give you any feed-back on the glues you mention as I use a white glue called `Tracksafe` which I bought a large tub of a long time back when I was in my `Salon`days... have you read the thread there by Mr Hair titled `Ultra Hold Nightmare Over`... there`s information there on how different guys `get on`[or not ! ] with different glues... it`s really trial and error until you find one you can `work ` with ... the front lace part should not be problematic to clean ..just spray on some lace-release and allow to penetrate for a minute or two and it should just lift free with most of the residue on the skin.....I only really do a very light bond as I pop this system off my head nightly...I only use a little glue at the very front and down in front of the ears..it`s full cap and I `ve yet to bother bonding the back or the sides[ lol] I`m lazy ! ....I just release it there with lace- release and use glue melter on the residue on the skin......I know many wearers haven`t the `luxury`of that and want/need a full -perimeter bond especially with a Topper....if you apply the glue/s correctly allowing the layers to dry properly, you should have little worries/problems with cleaning the lace..... again it`s a bit of trial and error to find what suits you best.... regards, Paul.
08-27-2011, 09:06 AM,
The idea that conditioners cause shedding is largely a myth. I would guess that at least 90% of hair loss comes from breakage. Conditioners will temporarily loosen knots but when the hair is dry the knots tighten back up. Matter of fact, when I need to remove hair from the base I use leave-in conditioner to soak the knots before plucking the hairs with a tweezer. The hair has to be re-soaked every minute or so because as the conditioner starts to dry the hair becomes harder and harder to remove.
08-27-2011, 09:12 AM,
(08-27-2011, 09:06 AM)JRob Wrote: The idea that conditioners cause shedding is largely a myth. I would guess that at least 90% of hair loss comes from breakage. Conditioners will temporarily loosen knots but when the hair is dry the knots tighten back up. Matter of fact, when I need to remove hair from the base I use leave-in conditioner to soak the knots before plucking the hairs with a tweezer. The hair has to be re-soaked every minute or so because as the conditioner starts to dry the hair becomes harder and harder to remove.

Hey Jrob,

i read one of ur post year 2008 in which u mentioned that u r making a vedio on this plucking of hair.. ?

for Plucking ..
1) can hair or knots be plucked from Fine mono base as well..

2) Do the knots have to be plucked from top or bottom of the base..
08-27-2011, 09:27 AM,
As far as I know a mono base is stronger than a lace base so I wouldn't see a problem with it. Be careful with swiss lace as it has a tendency to tear easily Test it in an inconspicuous area before you go all in.

I soak the hair from the bottom and pluck from the top. The hair is weak when it is wet so some will break before the knot slides out but if you just keep plucking away you will eventually be able to remove everything including the knot. Keep in mind that this is only practical for thinning small areas, like removing density to stagger a hairline and such.