Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for those that bond/de-bond more frequently...
08-22-2011, 07:31 AM,
for those that bond/de-bond more frequently...
I am thinking that bonding and rebonding every day, or every 2 or 3, makes sense for me as long as clean up times are easier. Plus I think there is the added benefit of getting better at attachments with more practice. I know there are a few wearers out there that do it often instead of trying to get as long of a bond as possible. For you guys, what's the best glue for you for this? I know glue works differently for everyone but I'm curious to hear from others about what works for them, and their routine.

Note: I'm fairly new to wearing and I work out 3-4 days a week. However lately I have not because learning to wear has taken up a lot of my time. But I'm getting better Wink
08-23-2011, 06:12 AM,
RE: for those that bond/de-bond more frequently...
orwg,is really all i use, (Oil Resistant White Glue )
the largest surface area,holds great,for up to 3 weeks.
but in common with most wearers i do front hairline touch ups every 4-6 days.
depending on the time of year,physical activity, more frequent in thease humid summer months.
possibly bonding debonding so frequentlymay shorten the life of youre hairsystem, if you intend washing the hair everytime you de bond,? i take it youre not going to wash the hair just do a adhesive clean up?

as regards adjhesives, again were all diffrent ,body chemistry wise so youve gotta suck it and see.
or search this forum for threads on bonding, adhesive, as youre q will have been duplicated before

regards
anty
08-24-2011, 07:21 AM,
RE: for those that bond/de-bond more frequently...
(08-23-2011, 06:12 AM)antywanty Wrote: orwg,is really all i use, (Oil Resistant White Glue )
the largest surface area,holds great,for up to 3 weeks.
but in common with most wearers i do front hairline touch ups every 4-6 days.
depending on the time of year,physical activity, more frequent in thease humid summer months.
possibly bonding debonding so frequentlymay shorten the life of youre hairsystem, if you intend washing the hair everytime you de bond,? i take it youre not going to wash the hair just do a adhesive clean up?

as regards adjhesives, again were all diffrent ,body chemistry wise so youve gotta suck it and see.
or search this forum for threads on bonding, adhesive, as youre q will have been duplicated before

regards
anty
I reattach once a week. I use Mite Tite for the perimeter, and Davlyn Black for the front. I started to use the Davlyn, because Mite Tite has too much shine for the front. Cleanup is really easy. When I release, 90% of the glue is on my scalp, quick mirror slide for the little on the piece and I am good to go. Good hold, and I work out. Don't have any lace lift. My routine is detach on Friday night, wash the piece, sleep bald and reattach Saturday morning with a clean and dry piece. Married 34 years, so sleeping bald is not an issue. lol