Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Addressing Thin Hair
08-14-2011, 08:44 PM,
RE: Addressing Thin Hair
(08-14-2011, 02:30 PM)anubi5 Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 09:20 AM)Justin Tyme Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 08:56 AM)JRob Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 03:27 AM)Justin Tyme Wrote: I can only say what works best for me. I tried for many years to get the blending right on a topper, and the hair density, even color right.

But it just didn't work for me. Full caps are my only option. If I want hair.

I had the same problems with a partial unit. If my side and back hair were in better shape it would have made things easier but to be honest even if my existing hair was in better condition I'm not sure if I would have had the patience to deal with the constant struggle to maintain the blend, maintenance cuts, etc.

Yes, and like you we both get a good head of hair. No worries about other people spotting the join!

what about if your "with" someone??? Do you manage to get a flawless attachment, especially in areas like the nape?

I have never found the nape being a problem. Before I go out I get the two-way mirror and look at the cap from all directions.

I turn my head to the side, forward and back and the nape area never sticks up. I suppose because the full cap is resting on my neck area. I like that extra length, if you know what I mean. Having the actual cap base too short around the nape isn't good. I always go for the extra bit of nape base, and if it's too long I can trim it. Better to have too much than not enough. Smile

* But I am still new to all this. It's all trial and error until I get to complete perfection in my eyes. I'm still only 74% there. Big Grin
08-15-2011, 12:09 PM,
RE: Addressing Thin Hair
[/quote]

I have never found the nape being a problem. Before I go out I get the two-way mirror and look at the cap from all directions.

I turn my head to the side, forward and back and the nape area never sticks up. I suppose because the full cap is resting on my neck area. I like that extra length, if you know what I mean. Having the actual cap base too short around the nape isn't good. I always go for the extra bit of nape base, and if it's too long I can trim it. Better to have too much than not enough. Smile

* But I am still new to all this. It's all trial and error until I get to complete perfection in my eyes. I'm still only 74% there. Big Grin
[/quote]

on the neck? do u have a pic anywhere? doesnt it cause issues when you turn your head or look up and down?