Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
First time with ORGW(pics)
08-13-2011, 10:45 AM,
First time with ORGW(pics)
Hey fellow balidies! I have been wearing for 5 months now. This is my first post with pics. Its been a steep learning curve for me! Had a lot of issues with placement and bonding in the begning, just kept learning from mistakes and life has become a lot easier! I wear a small abt three inch partial. I gradually lowered my hairline, never gotten busted. My friends who used to make fun of my balding head dont know! I started off with blue lace tape doen by the salon lady. It was thick! very unnatural! and easily felt! So I started doing all ultrahold bonds. Which was mess to use! disaster at times! and lasted 5 days at best. Gooyee right away and worse after three days. Then I tried ghostbond. Which gave me a very good initial bond but sucked the next day. Since then I have been using low profile super tape and walker no shine. Walker no shine has given me solid results! I got lazy on my last bond and went past my normal 7 day de re, after two weeks it was still going strong! except for the hairline! I had to literally wrestle it off my head! I was very impressed. Today I used walker no shine with ORGW in the front. Cant comment too much on the bond but finish looks impressive. Will eport on bond strength as I go along. I dont expose my hairline much, thus dont mind using all tape when I am not doing something super outgoing. It doesn't come off underwater, working out! showers! all good with walker no shine!

Attached Files Image(s)

08-13-2011, 02:25 PM,
RE: First time with ORGW(pics)
Looks great! You said the learning curve was steep it looks like you have nailed it.
08-13-2011, 09:27 PM,
Looking good there now ...glad you persevered even though you had `setbacks`..it`s worth the trial-and-error in the end, and no point in
giving up in the first 3 weeks.....often, as you have discovered, you have to try several bonding products before settling on the one which
suits you best...... well-done. Paul.
08-14-2011, 08:11 AM,
where exactly is the piece ?
just the front ?
can we get more pictures please ? from the front/top if you have time ?
i ve got my piece but i am not wearing yet, i need to be really sure before taking the plunge..^^
08-28-2011, 01:41 PM,
Sorry for late response! I was working the past few days and don't visit forums that often anymore.Its a frontal partial, My hair is darker than the partial so you can tell where it starts from, I am lazy to re-color it! Its not that obvious to an untrained eye. Another thing I learned about orwg is that you can wait too long! I apply 2 coats, don't make them too thin or the lace wont sink in. wait 3-4 mins between each coat. waited 15 mins last time with disastrous results! ORWG so far is the best glue I have ever used! 6 days solid(no work out or swimming this time)! love wearing!

To jrob and paul, you guys have been a great help! reading your posts and comments helped me prepare for this drastic change! OWE it to guys like you, THANK yOU!

Attached Files Image(s)

08-28-2011, 07:17 PM,
Hi hairy.... thanks for the nice comments..it`s appreciated..when I was a newbie on here, JRob was most
helpful and patient with me when I was asking questions which he`d probably answered many times before.
I work from home, so I have more access/time for checking the forum than many people who have to travel
to work etc. Have said this before:I think there`s great credit due to you guys who `go it alone`from scratch
[apart from having the systems cut-in for you] in the world of wearing...I started off [and got totally ripped-off]
with a `Salon` so I picked up the basics and hints etc. as I went along and changed to different Salons, so Kudos
to all you wearers who make the leap on `your own`. I was VERY nervous at the `unknown` and can still remember
my very first fitting/cut-in, so I`m totally aware of how much of a big deal this is in the minds of those contemplating
making the `leap`. Having been ripped-off so much, I just want to dispel all the `bull`and `spin`that these Salons
feed to vulnerable balding people ..... this isn`t rocket-science, and with a bit of `homework`done by anyone by
reading through the forum here, getting your template and specs correct [not too hard either] and stocking up with
a selection of bonding/cleaning/ hair-care products, the transition needn`t be too stressful. You may need to try a
few different bonding methods/products before settling on `the`one for you, as you have found, but perseverance
is normally worthwhile..... looking really good there and you can easily use a little color on the partial to `freshen`it up
as you know, but as you say, most `joe-soaps` don`t usually pay much attention which has to tell you everything
is fine.... happy wearing ! Paul.