Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Full Cap bonding
08-13-2011, 10:13 AM,
Full Cap bonding
Is it possible to bond a full cap with Got2be glue? I'm looking for somethings easy and quick. Anyone ever tried that?
08-13-2011, 02:26 PM,
RE: Full Cap bonding
Never tried it. I know Dino used the GTBG in the past, I'll send him an email and see if he has anything to add.
08-13-2011, 09:20 PM,
Can`t see why not.. I`ve used it for toppers....only thing is the very edge / perimeter tends to come `loose` de-bond so the normal glue or tape there works best..... I`m wearing a fullcap now but I only ever bond the bit at the front and sideburn area.....back and sides sits snugly without bonding products..NO way will the wind lift it [if that `s a concern for you]...... try the `Got2b`and see how it goes...it`s very easily cleaned off...just rinse with water....you might have to use normal products for the front area though... Paul.
08-14-2011, 03:43 AM,
Got2b glued is possibly the worst product I have ever used. I seriously don't know why so many people like it.

It never worked for me, either with partials or full caps. So much so I returned it to the store and got a full refund.

It still baffles me how it works for others but not for me. But I suppose that's the way it is. Smile
08-14-2011, 04:13 AM,
Hmmm... surprised to hear that Justin... gave me a really strong hold ---even used it at the Salon recently for the fullcap cut-in.....TOTALLY glued on and NO way could you tear the system off......you need to leave it go quite tacky before bedding the system onto it....... I prefer to not have a full [all-over ] bond as I like to leave the scalp breath, especially in this humid weather we`re having here now.... it`s really easy to work with and the clean-up is a doddle too. Paul.
08-14-2011, 07:10 AM,
(08-14-2011, 04:13 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hmmm... surprised to hear that Justin... gave me a really strong hold ---even used it at the Salon recently for the fullcap cut-in.....TOTALLY glued on and NO way could you tear the system off......you need to leave it go quite tacky before bedding the system onto it....... I prefer to not have a full [all-over ] bond as I like to leave the scalp breath, especially in this humid weather we`re having here now.... it`s really easy to work with and the clean-up is a doddle too. Paul.

I tried all ways Paul but it didn't work. Maybe I got a faulty tube. Wink
08-16-2011, 11:18 AM,
Thanks for the helpful replies. I cant wait to give it a try.
I'm just looking for a quick way to attach the full cap effectivly. anyone else who has tried the got2be method please share.
08-16-2011, 03:28 PM,
Got2B didn't work well for me on my full cap. Although I can achieve a decent bond in the front hairline with it, it won't hold for more than a day on me. Since I need a very strong tape to hold down the nape, it seems too much effort to me to keep redoing the front. Also, I need a strong bond to hold down the temple points. Got2B doesn't do well with my temple points. I like to use a white glue in the front, Ultrahold for the temple points, and a strong tape for the nape. I get a 5 day hold with this approach. I could get longer, but the cleanup gets too messy.
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM,
Yup..it`s not great even on a topper, around the actual perimeter itself...tends to lose grip there,especially if you sweat to any degree, but it`s fine over the rest of the head. I guess it has it`s `place` depending on an individual`s lifestyle..... fullcaps by their longer perimeter, need/use more tape/glues than a [relatively] small topper....... it`s fine though for a shorter-term use and is easy to clean off..gives a really strong hold [well it did for me ] but edge prone to loosening......found it very handy holding the system on for my last cut-in.... Paul.
08-19-2011, 09:16 PM,
(08-16-2011, 03:28 PM)dino1 Wrote: Got2B didn't work well for me on my full cap. Although I can achieve a decent bond in the front hairline with it, it won't hold for more than a day on me. Since I need a very strong tape to hold down the nape, it seems too much effort to me to keep redoing the front. Also, I need a strong bond to hold down the temple points. Got2B doesn't do well with my temple points. I like to use a white glue in the front, Ultrahold for the temple points, and a strong tape for the nape. I get a 5 day hold with this approach. I could get longer, but the cleanup gets too messy.

What tape do you use for the nape? I find blue liner causes too much irritation, no shine gradually peels away at the edges...