Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat spot on back of head
08-10-2011, 09:17 AM,
Flat spot on back of head
I have a flat spot on the back of my head. This was not a problem when my hairline in the back was hire, not it is because the hair piece must mold to the flat spot and causes air pockets above it and mold to the shape of the curve in the flat spot. It's not a nice arc like when it was above the flat spot. My first curiousity - am I the only one with a flat spot right underneath the crown area on the back? Is this normal or a result of sleeping on my back as a child. The piece is uncomfortable and problematic now. If you have this, how do you deal with it. There is a procedure out there that can inject kyrptonite, a cement like substance that can be molded, but there will be a small scar. I don't like scars but maybe I have no choice or Gary Heitzig can put some Acell on it to my doctor to avoid the scar? I would appreciate you all with a bald head to check the back of your head and let me know if yours is round and smooth or a dent in it like mine and how you deal with it when the piece has to go ontop or into it. Thanks.
08-10-2011, 08:03 PM,
RE: Flat spot on back of head
Hi supo..... You say `the piece is uncomfortable/problematic now`..... so I assume you are wearing a system ? If so, what material is the base made of? Lying/sleeping on your back when young had totally nothing to do with the shape of your skull....don`t know a lot about babies but if that was the case we`d all have that skull shape from lying on our backs....just happens to be the way your skull was made by mother nature...there could obviously be some underlying physiological / medical condition which caused this.....without seeing a pic, I can only use my imagination.....my guess is that a template of your head will give the exact shape, and a lace system with a slightly `raised`density at the crown [flat] area [maybe 5% extra] can easily disguise that `odd`shape....just ask the stylist to allow the hair there to be slightly longer than the rest of the system so no-one will be able to see the flatter-looking area...lace should be feel no more noticeable against your skin there than over any other part of the scalp..... just having a little bit of `length`at the crown area should hide that flat appearance quite easily....you`re probably more conscious of it than a casual observer as you know it`s there....if it were me anyway, I`d be loath to go for any `procedures ` both for the cost factor and the possibility of risk...I`d just disguise it with a system..... If you are wearing already, where did you get the system and what materials are in it ? Paul.
08-12-2011, 08:07 PM,
Well I did say there may be some physiological reason for it and also I deffo. know very little about babies and all that goes with them ..it`s certainly `news`to me that a condition such as described can be caused like that....learn something new everyday ! Anyway..as you say there Tim [and as I suggested] if he gets a little bit extra density there and leave the hair just a little longer it should help disguise it, rather than having any `interventions` done on his head... if it were me, I`d leave well alone, rather than running possible risks and probably costing a fortune on top of it all..... as you say, a good cut-in will be key too..cheers, Paul.
08-13-2011, 02:32 PM,
I have a flat spot in that area as well. When I wore partial units I always wondered if head shape might affect the blend. I think it made it a little more challenging for me.