Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Longer hairstyles
08-03-2011, 05:52 AM,
Longer hairstyles
I was wondering if there were any guys out there in their mid 30s who either have or is thinking of getting a long-haired full cap.

I ask, because I have always wanted a longer hairstyle in the colder months but haven't yet dared.

Something like this:

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/04/1...or-men.jpg

Attached Files Image(s)

08-03-2011, 08:21 AM,
RE: Longer hairstyles
justyn how long is your hair cut? and how natural is that looking?
08-03-2011, 09:08 AM,
My head is shaved. Big Grin

But the full cap is around 3 inches length on top and 2 and a half inches sides and back. Or thereabouts. Smile

I think it looks natural. Looks better when it has the wet look.
08-03-2011, 08:53 PM,
Hi Justin Tyme..... that`s a very easy style for a fullcap.... just enclose the pics and get it made in French lace .....would be really easy for a stylist to cut-in too.....generally shorter styles [in my humble opinion] whether Fullcap or toppers are that bit more tricky in areas like around/over the ears and temples, as you are `exposing`more and the hair is cut short there......Toppers have to be blended-in onto growing hair without showing a `line` ....so again a little tricky, whereas that style in the pic doesn`t expose the front hairline nor the ears.. so is very very easy to style and wear...regards..Paul.
08-03-2011, 09:06 PM,
(08-03-2011, 08:53 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Justin Tyme..... that`s a very easy style for a fullcap.... just enclose the pics and get it made in French lace .....would be really easy for a stylist to cut-in too.....generally shorter styles [in my humble opinion] whether Fullcap or toppers are that bit more tricky in areas like around/over the ears and temples, as you are `exposing`more and the hair is cut short there......Toppers have to be blended-in onto growing hair without showing a `line` ....so again a little tricky, whereas that style in the pic doesn`t expose the front hairline nor the ears.. so is very very easy to style and wear...regards..Paul.

I can't wear a topper anymore. My real hair has thinned badly. I've lost a lot of hair from side recession. And my nape is balding too. LOL.

A full cap is my only route. Thanks for the advice, Paul. Smile
08-04-2011, 04:33 AM,
Your hairloss sounds like mine Justin. I'd say I was about a 15 on the Norwood scale LoL : Intergrating nape hair into the fullcap would be pointless for me. I'm getting less bothered about my hairloss as I get older but I'd still like the option not to have hair for special occasions.
08-04-2011, 04:55 AM,
(08-04-2011, 04:33 AM)Bunglebonce Wrote: Your hairloss sounds like mine Justin. I'd say I was about a 15 on the Norwood scale LoL : Intergrating nape hair into the fullcap would be pointless for me. I'm getting less bothered about my hairloss as I get older but I'd still like the option not to have hair for special occasions.

That's what I do, Bunglebonce. I only wear hair when I want to. Restaurants, at the theater, movies, events.

I work from home, so I don't have issues with people 'finding out' at work, and perhaps poking fun.

Also, all my friends know I wear a system, so I'm not bothered. However, I still get self-conscious because I know it's not my hair so there is that element that I am wearing a wig. Because I AM wearing a wig. Call it whatever, it is a wig. Big Grin

The best thing is to make it look as natural as possible. I won't leave the front door if there is any element of doubt in my head that it doesn't look right. Or as good as I can get it.

Full cap hair has to be soft and lie natural. Not cutting it too short is the key I have found. If you cut it too short it has a tendency to stick up, particularly at the sides and back. I use a lot of conditioner too. I don't care if it looks a little 'greasy'. Big Grin
08-04-2011, 05:59 AM,
Yep Justin, lets call a spade a spade and a wig a wig Smile That's great that you work from home and don't have to put up with the bored, 'hilarious' musings of fellow workers. I'm self employed, and work solo, so I avoid office/factory banter.
I agree with you about the length and cutting too short, though Paul's looks excellent and the best I've seen from any wig company. I'm gonna go with long hair, medium hair and as short when I get fully into this wig stuff. I'm also gonna try the wavy, curly styles for fun and a bit of a change.

I'm sure I will be self conscious too. It will probably take me an extra half hour of checking, rechecking and tripple checking before I convince myself it's fine, stop worrying! Smile Just hope I will be able to control my paranoia when I'm out and about.
08-04-2011, 06:34 AM,
Great minds think alike, Bunglebonce! Big Grin

I was also thinking of a curly hairdo. LOL. Something like this!

Attached Files Image(s)

08-04-2011, 06:53 AM,
I like that style a lot. Go for it Justin! Smile Wonder how you'd order that curlyness, any ideas?