Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy calling all UK Midlands wearers!
10-11-2011, 06:18 AM,
New guy calling all UK Midlands wearers!
Hi everyone! Im a male in my early 30s based in the West Midlands in the UK. I have been using Nanogens for the past year and now I am about to embark on my first system. I ordered from Toplace.com yesterday (excited!).

I have been speaking with the local system suppliers and clubs in my area, in the Midlands UK and thought I would let you know what I have found and hopefully, if there are any lads out there who can give a heads up on a good place to get cut ins and maintainance that would be great.

What I found in the Midlands UK:

I visited Optima in Birmingham earlier this year and the guy there is very, very nice. The work that they do for children with cancer etc is amazing. They operate a very high end gold taps service, and unfortunately the price tag matches (£2300 for 2 systems guaranteed for 18 months) including fitting and cut in for both units. You then pay £55 each time you go in to get your head washed and cut, the unit cleaned and styled and re-fitted. I dont know if they will cut in or service your own sourced units. Basically this place is unaffordable for me.

The next company I spoke to was Houghs in Wolverhampton. They charge £350 for a unit including cut in and fitting. They will cut in your sourced unit for £55. These are the guys I am going with to cut in and fit my Toplace unit. The lady is called claire and seems very nice.

I have been told by both companies that internet sourced units only last about 6 months where theirs lasts for about 18 months. What are peoples thoughts on this??

Benq
10-11-2011, 07:51 AM,
RE: New guy calling all UK Midlands wearers!
Hi Benq.....your last line there amused me..... no `normal`system will last 18 months. You don`t describe what their units consist of [base-material], or if the hair is real or synthetic. No human hair will last 18 months... it gets no oils etc. and oxidises from the air, sun-exposure and shampooing/chlorine in water etc. Hair is hair and where it`s sourced is immaterial..... I`d love to know what the difference is [supposedly] between their hair and hair in a system bought/ordered from an on-line supplier. I`ll guarantee you that if you try wearing any system sourced from ANY place, which has human hair, for a period of 18 months, you`ll make any scare-crow jealous !! 55£ for a cut-in is pretty much ok seeing as it`s a system not bought from themselves.....a lot of them won`t touch you if you don`t buy from them first. I happened on an old post last week while doing a bit of research on another topic, but it gave details of a guy based in Cheshire who also travels to Scotland and the UK midlands..Nick Rogers 01925 637344 and there`s another chap Martin Macmillan who`s in [email protected] .. you might like to make a few inquiries.. I assume they are still in business..... best wishes... Paul.
10-11-2011, 08:36 AM,
RE: New guy calling all UK Midlands wearers!
Hi Paul, thanks for the reply, I have been reading these forums for months on end before I began posting today and you seem to be a bit of a star on here for helping people. Good man.

I am guessing they apply oils and UV protection to them? The Optima place guarantees theirs for that period but with the cost at over £2k they can afford to replace them over that period as part of the cost they charge I am guessing.

I asked Goughs over the phone if they guarantee their systems (after i was told they last 18 months) and they said they have never had a problem with them so have never had to offer a guarantee.

I take your point Paul. I noticed a few people talking about oils that the factory use. Maybe I shall have a look into System care.

Thanks for your advice Paul, like many lads on here it is so nice to be able to talk to people about this. Its a secret from all of my friends and most of my family. Sad really but thats the life lol.