Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Best tape for super fine swiss lace
08-01-2011, 07:58 PM,
Best tape for super fine swiss lace
I've heard that unless you use the right tape, super fine swiss lace is hard to stick down.

The tape won't stick to the system surface.

Can anyone recommend a good tape. Thanks. Smile
08-02-2011, 03:06 AM,
RE: Best tape for super fine swiss lace
Is there a reason you don't want to use glue?
08-02-2011, 08:29 AM,
Glue's too messy.
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM,
(08-02-2011, 08:29 AM)Justin Tyme Wrote: Glue's too messy.

Do you know this from experience?

I use glue. I'm a partial front wearer and it's awesome. I can honestly tell you I can remove, fully clean (the system and my head), buzz any hair growing, take a full shower, prep, condition, put on and comb in my hair within 40 minutes and be out the door... I also only need to remove the system every week or so/touch up the front hair line in the morning. It's pretty easy when you get the swing of it. I'm only on month 3 and it's second nature.

Some glue is messy - I use a stick, am an athlete and the hold is incredible. This is just my .02. Good luck!
08-02-2011, 06:01 PM,
Hi,

You use a stick glue on swiss lace? I have never used a stick glue. Where do you buy them?

Thanks. Smile
08-02-2011, 06:39 PM,
http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/...ds_007.htm
Debbie's site - I use super stick - 4th down.
08-02-2011, 10:08 PM,
Thank you, friend. Smile Much appreciated. Smile
08-03-2011, 12:56 AM,
James Thank's for the idea of using stick glue, I did not know it existed, it must be pretty easy to use. How strong is it... if you wanted to could you go a little more than a week if you wanted to?
has anyone else used the stick glue? how is it.
08-03-2011, 01:58 AM,
I imagine it working like one of those Pritt sticks that office workers use. Big Grin

I tried glue with a brush once and it was horrible. I can't wait to try the glue stick. Smile
08-03-2011, 03:51 AM,
I started off using Ghost Bond. I hated life. I had to coat 3 times and sometimes it just wouldn't stick. It was terrible. I sweat a lot, I run, I lift etc. I considered using tap but I have med density (50%), so you can see my scalp in the front through the hair a little and I wanted to keep it that way. The Ghost Bond also turned white when I would sweat and after a few hours it would lift a little in the front. Also if I ran my hands through my hair I could feel the hard glue seeping through the lace into the hair. It looked a little like hard hair gel - it still bugged me.

I started using this stick. It's easy to use and has A LOT less residue in comparison to the Ghost Bond which I had to apply and spread around like a PB and J sandwich. I also have less lift issues. Keep in mind I use a front partial, so I get a little lifting in the back but it doesn't bother me because the piece is combed into my hair and I don't bother fixing it. What's also cool is the glue is clear, so even if it lifts a little, you can't really see the residue unless you try and rub it off your skin, then it will pick up dirt and oil from your fingers (like any glue) and get a little messy.

My current attachment has been on for about 6 days. I'll probably clean up and change it today. I've lifted every day this week and ran 3 times. The bond is starting to get a little tired and when I look I can see the lace starting to lift and you can see the netting. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy. She says she can't tell at all and to be honest it's about noon by me right now and I've already been around my office buddies and not one person has even given it a glance. I'm just anal.

I try and not hit the system with too much water. It's water proof but after the bond is on for a few days, if you dunk your head under the shower head you will get some lift around the edges, but the glue will still hold - it just aggravates the bond and weakens it. I usually wear a shower cap when I'm in the shower and I wash my actual hair every few days and just try and not wet the piece.

Here's how it usually works for me. I glue the piece on. I get rid of extra glue that may have gone on my forehead. I take a clean cloth and spray it with a little oil based lace remover and pat down the front hair line to pick up any extra residue. Some of the hairline will lift a little. I want it to be perfect, so I'm happy when it does this. I then take a small makeup applicator brush, and dip the none brush end into the glue by taking the cap off. I roll it on my skin by wear the lifting area is. I wait about 1 minute or less and I take a butter knife and press the lace gently down. I wait a few minutes then pat the area down with the cloth again to get any extra residue then I'm done. Every morning I usually use my little applicator method to retouch the front hairline, but that's it. I'll wait about a week, remove it, hit my head with some baby wipes and lace remover, clean the lace and put it on. It's pretty simply, the bond is awesome IMO.

I can type more info on my application process, I didn't want to overload the thread with too much info. Let me know if you have any questions.

I decided to time how long it took me to do a full removal.
It took me 50 minutes to take the system off, clean my head, clean the system, clean my mirror, fully shower, get dressed, shave any new hair on my head, put in my contacts, brush my teeth, apply knot sealer and type this response. I still am waiting for the sealer to dry.

I'm telling you, this glue thing isn't too hard.