Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Wearing a Full Cap and Medical Tests
08-01-2011, 12:38 PM,
Wearing a Full Cap and Medical Tests
I was just curious if anyone here has any trouble with their Toplace while having MRI's or any medical tests. My biggest fear would be having to remove it on the spot for some kind of medical examination. Reason I ask is I may need to have some medical tests done within the next 6-9 months and I hope to have a full cap Toplace by then. Just curious if anyone has any stories or experience with this they can relate. Many thanks!
08-01-2011, 07:03 PM,
RE: Wearing a Full Cap and Medical Tests
Nope ..you`re perfectly fine for things like MRI`s...... I had it done and asked the technician and she said it it doesn`t even show up on the image...the equipment is imaging literally just inside the skull...so you can relax ! Paul.
08-01-2011, 07:56 PM,
Marc, I don't care who knows that I'm wearing a system. So asking me to remove it wouldn't be a problem.

However, I think I'd make an excuse like 'it can only be removed by the guys who fitted it', or something like that. And then come back the next day without it on. I wouldn't want the embarrassment on removing it there and then.
08-02-2011, 12:59 AM,
Paul, thanks for the input. Very helpful and relieved to know that.

Justin, in a medical setting I would not really care either but like you said,being asked to remove it right there would bother me some. Thanks for the reply!
08-06-2011, 09:47 PM,
(08-01-2011, 12:38 PM)Marc-Barr Wrote: I was just curious if anyone here has any trouble with their Toplace while having MRI's or any medical tests. My biggest fear would be having to remove it on the spot for some kind of medical examination. Reason I ask is I may need to have some medical tests done within the next 6-9 months and I hope to have a full cap Toplace by then. Just curious if anyone has any stories or experience with this they can relate. Many thanks!

I was busted. I went for a skin check for skin cancers a while back and had an asian lady, she started with the face, and suddenly hit the front hairline and i was so nervous, then as she did my neck she asked me "do you have the same thing as that guy from the cricket commercials"? Was so awkward at first but after a bit she was very curious about it and asking questions about it all and I was surprisingly ok to talk to her about it.
08-07-2011, 12:50 AM,
It [being busted] happened to me a long time ago ...not wearing Toplace at the time..... it was at a Chinese acupuncturists .... I was having bad sinus inflammation etc. [ have since cut out dairy products and the relief is tremendous.... goats cheese and milk for me now !! ] but the person was putting needles in around the sides/bridges of the nose and when they went to put ones in the crown of the head, naturally enough they realised there was `something` there.... so I guess you`re juts better off mentioning it first if you think a person `working`on you at such close quarters may suddenly say `what`s that`? ...... but I think the original question here was would a system interfere in some way with a scan like an MRI ..no it won`t. Paul.
08-07-2011, 01:32 PM,
I had a M.R.I on my knee,when i filled out the paper work it had check boxe's,one box had do you wear a wig,i checked no since the M.R.I. was on my knee,so i guess it depends on the paper work you get.i had a seperate M.R.I. at another place and there was no box to check for wigs.