Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
how short can you go?
07-31-2011, 04:00 AM,
how short can you go?
How short can you cut a hair piece on top and have it still look natural? Just wondering if getting a piece that's like 40% density and having it cut to a half inch or so is possible. Couldn't they ventilate it all forward so the hair would lie in natural way when cut short?

Your thoughts please Wink
08-01-2011, 03:37 AM,
RE: how short can you go?
I wear a full cap and the first one I bought, it was a complete disaster.

Mine was 70% density and I cut it to 1 and a half inches in length, and that was way too short. It just didn't look right, AT ALL. The hair wouldn't 'lie' right on the top and sides and the back stuck up.

Now I get my caps at 55%, and leave it around 2 to 3 inches in length. I think 45% might be too thin, but it all depends how young or old you are.
08-02-2011, 02:52 PM,
(08-01-2011, 03:37 AM)Justin Tyme Wrote: I wear a full cap and the first one I bought, it was a complete disaster.

Mine was 70% density and I cut it to 1 and a half inches in length, and that was way too short. It just didn't look right, AT ALL. The hair wouldn't 'lie' right on the top and sides and the back stuck up.

Now I get my caps at 55%, and leave it around 2 to 3 inches in length. I think 45% might be too thin, but it all depends how young or old you are.

Little less than 1" . Has to be Super fine swiss lace, and usually you need a decent density.. 65% or so with short style ventilation. I think I've had mine down to about 1/2" .

Super short will NEVER work with FUll caps, or even french lace.

If you can still take your sides down to a #2, and get the 65% to blend well on teh sides and back.. you can make it really short. But, it's really not possible to do a buzz cut look, just a very short.

I've had a piece or two were I could see a lot of scalp when wet and hair gel, and very very short. But, not buzz cut short, and it worked out.
08-03-2011, 02:00 AM,
Yeah I found out my mistake and it was a costly mistake too. Thing was I had to wait another six weeks before I got another replacement custom made full cap.