Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you worry your hair looks like a wig?
09-29-2011, 08:42 AM,
RE: Do you worry your hair looks like a wig?
hey guys.. what is it that makes it look wiggy?
09-29-2011, 11:52 AM,
Can I recommend having 2 mirrors, each facing the other and good lighting.
You can then see what others see, instead of the straight, face-on view we tend to focus on.
Also, get someone to video you and watch it back.
Getting an all round idea of what your hair looks like and making improvements if necessary will really help you be more confident about how you're being seen by others.

I realised that my hair looked a bit flattened at the crown.
It was also way too neat.
It looks fine like that straight on, but a bit lifeless from the side & back.
So now I spike it up a bit at the back & crown.
Its little things like that that make the difference.
09-29-2011, 12:30 PM,
Hi,
I have been wearing for about two years now,and like everybody i have bad hair days or wig days Smile ,when it doesn't look quite right,but we as wearers are looking at hair to get the best look,however the general public doesnt notice your hair unless the colour,density and cut is off,and i mean well off.
I was looking at a guy working in a store the other day,i could tell he was wearing,older guy with a piece,no grey,couldnt see scalp,density too high,but it didnt bother him,i felt like showing him my piece,but that could make him uncomfortable.
If you get the colour,density and cut in reasonable to match your own hair,then you will look fine,i say reasonable,it doesnt have to be perfect.

I have been out with ladies,and in intimate situations,and they didn't know i wore till i told them,one lady had a dinner date with me once,and informed me she wouldn't date a guy with no hair,little did she know Smile

Regards topcat
09-29-2011, 01:48 PM,
(09-29-2011, 12:30 PM)topcat59 Wrote: I have been out with ladies,and in intimate situations,and they didn't know i wore till i told them,one lady had a dinner date with me once,and informed me she wouldn't date a guy with no hair,little did she know Smile

lol me2 and this girl hooked me up^^
I told it her at the first date, but before i said it on that evening, she said that bald people are ugly and disgusting and men with longer hairstyles (like me) are totaly sexy...^^ ...
She said it with a smile because she thought i have alot hair on my head.
After she kissed me i talked honestly to her and said the truth. Her reaction was a extremly bad conscience. But i loughed about it and she is now my girlfriend.
10-05-2011, 08:59 PM,
I think its the fact we worry that makes us get our peices so perfect that they don't look wiggy.. as others have said, most people don't actually study other people's hair. People only glance at your hair, take (a mental) note of how it looks and focus on your face.. Thats my understanding anyway.
10-06-2011, 11:15 AM,
No I don't worry. I think that as long as your style is done well and stay on top of making sure the colors match, no one would possibly notice a thing. With me staying on top of those things, I don't even think about my hair really. And when I do its more about maintenance. I.E. reminding myself to put a leave in conditioner daily.
10-06-2011, 07:43 PM,
i second Biltmore602 's comment and agree 100%.
even when i went for my cut in and fitting , bond,(nearly 1 yr) in another week, when i left the salon, i wasent concerened a jott about the hair looking like a wigg, because in my heart of hearts i knew it didnt,
im used to having my hair styled a certain way, i was more concerned about that than the hair.lets not forget, or remind ourselves thease hair systems look, feel, fantastic,in every way.
its fantastic that you control whats on youre head, and not youre genetics.
and you know its there for keeps,youre in total control.
nothing better than being confident with the way you look.!!!!and hair gives you thatSmile

anty Smile
10-13-2011, 01:16 PM,
My mom told me last week when I visited, my hair looks so much
better since I'm not putting the grease in my hair. And your natural
color is so much better. I didn't want to tell her that my 'Natural Color'
was the highlights that my stylist added in ! Smile