Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultrahold help pls
09-01-2011, 08:18 PM,
Ultrahold help pls
Hi, I just bought some ultrahold, I only just started wearing and I have this glue in the pic here, its not that strong or any good at all really but im using it.
[Image: 000DSC01238-1.jpg]

I have heard bad things about ultrahold but it is the only thing available to me from a offline shop in AU.

Its the small bottle with no brush, how can I apply it without buying a brush? I was going to use the brush from my other glue.

Is this stuff really that bad? Do I really need a acalp protector product? I will order this but will use without it first time.

I use blue contour tape cut to size around the rest of my hair and find it to work well.

What about UH being shiny? people say you can fix this by rubbing it before sticking your hair down, can this be done?

How long could I expect a normal 65% full lace stock piece to last under these conditions? I didnt seal knots but will order this.

Hope it works well! I want to attach for two weeks, wash my hair twice per week and go in a spa/swim once per week, is it achievable?

Thanks for your help!
09-02-2011, 12:18 AM,
RE: Ultrahold help pls
``What about UH being shiny? people say you can fix this by rubbing it before sticking your hair down, can this be done?`` --- hi there ..not being smart with you..but try it and see ....I don`t use Ultrahold,so I can`t give you any definitive answer but I have read other wearers saying it can be done...as you probably know, you may have to try a few different glues before you find one suitable for your lifestyle... what works well for one person may not be so good for another. You can apply glue using one of those wooden coffee-stirrers [or even plastic ones] which you get at those drinks vending machines in shops/petrol stations etc.... I see a guy saying the stick-glue Debbie sells as working very well for him---- it`s always a good plan to get a few different glues/tapes at the start so you have a fall-back/alternative if you find one is not doing such a good job for you.... if you are ordering knot-sealer you might as well just get some `extra`glues etc.....sorry I can`t be more definite about things but it`s really very dependent on `local`conditions and your own body-chemistry and how it reacts to glues etc....as to life-span of your system ...again...varies a lot but try not to over-shampoo the hair but do use a good leave-in conditioner with sunscreen frequently and that will help a lot.... chlorine in water is not good for growing hair let alone system hair ...having said that many wearers have an active lifestyle including surfing and swimming.. I guess if you `nurse`the hair after such exposure with a good conditioner you should manage to prolong its`serviceable-life...some last 2 or 3 months, other wearers get 7-9 months out of a system... Scalp -protector is really for oily skin/scalps to give a better foundation for glues etc..oily scalps can prevent a good bond...have you looked at the thread concerning Oil-resistant white glue [ORWG] as many people find it very good with a strong longer -lasting bond. Again, sorry I can`t be more specific but it really is a very `variable`scenario...hopefully other guys will chip-in with their experiences of different glues etc.... regards for now, Paul.
09-02-2011, 01:30 AM,
Also, rinse the hair with fresh water and a little conditioner before, apart from after. That will make the hair to take as minimum of chroline possible
09-04-2011, 03:34 PM,
(09-02-2011, 01:30 AM)younggun Wrote: Also, rinse the hair with fresh water and a little conditioner before, apart from after. That will make the hair to take as minimum of chroline possible

Hi thanks thats a really logical and useful tip