Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Botox and Sweating?
07-10-2011, 10:17 PM,
Botox and Sweating?
A lot of guys have a problem with sweat,oils etc affecting their bond.
Do you think that maybe botox injections on the scalp would help?
I ask because one of the side effects of botox injections is that it affects the sweat/oil glands and you can get up to 9 months sweat free after botox in the area it is applied.
07-11-2011, 01:14 AM,
RE: Botox and Sweating?
I've considered this.
I sweat so much my forehead needs wind-shield wipers.
Trouble is that over time you need more and more injections and the effects last for less & less time.
Its yet another expense added on to wearing hair.
Your GP can prescribe a topical anti-sweat remedy thats a fraction of the price.
Problem with that is that you have to have regular access to the scalp to apply it.
You can also have your sweat glands removed surgically.
Sounds drastic but at least its a one-off expense.

I really hope someone who has tried the botox route replies to this.
07-30-2011, 05:45 PM,
(07-10-2011, 10:17 PM)LTB Wrote: A lot of guys have a problem with sweat,oils etc affecting their bond.
Do you think that maybe botox injections on the scalp would help?
I ask because one of the side effects of botox injections is that it affects the sweat/oil glands and you can get up to 9 months sweat free after botox in the area it is applied.

I would seriously re-think that idea. Botox is extremely toxic. As wearers we need to start re-thinking our attachments, all these chemicals... One day it could get to a point where we realise these things we use are causing brain tumors or something... I am starting to try and find natural alternatives for what I use eg a natural anti persperant to form a barrier between the glue and tape and my scalp to prevent seepage of the chemicals in them into my scalp.
07-31-2011, 09:28 PM,
I've tried the antiperspirant idea in the past without any success. It eventually broke down and reacted with the glue and became very visible.
I've also used liquid bandages but eventually the sweat/oil built up underneath and the attachment was weaker and if anything lasted a shorter amount of time.
I'm currently trying ProTouch No Sweat.
The jury is still out on that, as its not really been put to the test.
We're having a rubbish Summer in the UK and apart from the odd humid day the temperature isn't causing as much sweating as usual.
07-31-2011, 11:01 PM,
(07-31-2011, 09:28 PM)Hersute Wrote: I've tried the antiperspirant idea in the past without any success. It eventually broke down and reacted with the glue and became very visible.
I've also used liquid bandages but eventually the sweat/oil built up underneath and the attachment was weaker and if anything lasted a shorter amount of time.
I'm currently trying ProTouch No Sweat.
The jury is still out on that, as its not really been put to the test.
We're having a rubbish Summer in the UK and apart from the odd humid day the temperature isn't causing as much sweating as usual.

I have tried the liquid bandages before and have found them terrible in dealing with sweat also. I have found 2 antiperspirant deodorants that have been effective. One is Maxim, its good but the problem I found with it was after applications theres an oily residue for a while so you couldn't attach tape or glue for a while. The product recommends application the night before. Not many shops stock it so I was ordering it online and it's expensive. Then I went to the chemist and just asked if they had a fragrance free antiperspirant and surprisingly they did and it seems to do a great job of keeping the sweat from appearing and it also has no oily residue, dries immediately. Its called Mitchum unscented... However as I said, these antiperspirants use aluminium of some sort in order to prevent sweat. That stuff isn't good soaking into your scalp that close to the brain. There are some great natural products for so many things, I'll eventually find a great natural antiperspirant...
08-01-2011, 02:32 AM,
Debbie sells `Scalp protector` which is for oily scalps and for those prone to excessive sweating etc. Have a look at this one also..
http://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1C1RNPN_...+protector
08-01-2011, 05:55 AM,
If you use an anti perspirant then make sure it is clinically recommended for the face and scalp.
Generaly those that are designed for the face and scalp(maxim,odaban etc..) should be applied at night and washed off in the morning.
I wouldn't recommend any product that is not designed or approved for the face and scalp as the chemicals used might do some harm over time on far more sensitive skin there than the underarms.
Paul thanks for the link but scalp protectors do not stop sweating just form a barrier for a short while and i have found to be totally useless in a hot and humid enviroment.
08-01-2011, 01:00 PM,
I have to agree, Scalp protector was of no use in this situation.
08-01-2011, 07:21 PM,
Hi guys..I have to say I know how annoying this is. If I was in a situation like being down in the underground [subways] in London .....the heat there is just cloying at times and I`d instantly find the sweat teeming out of me.... I`m very sensitive to that type of clammy heat, yet I can easily sit out on a beach in Spain without any issue ! Really `odd`. Thinking back to my all-poly [Salon] days, the thing was bonded to the head fully [all-over] and I was often doing exercise in the gym and sweating heavily yet the bond was never affected until after the 3rd week at the earliest. I guess there were so many coats [3] of glue applied, that it simply blocked the pores and prevented sweat from coming out...not an ideal scenario I guess but the bonds never failed...maybe for really warmer/humid weather, the solution is to do your bond in a cool, [air-conditioned if possible] room where you`re less likely to be even lightly sweating when applying your glue,and then apply an extra layer or two. This will mean probably a shorter time-interval between de/re-bonds & longer/more laborious clean-up due to having extra glue on, but it might overcome the sweating in warm humid climates which simply can`t be avoided.Having the scalp perfectly clean and dry at the outset will ensure good adhesion..... I guess it`s a case of try it and see.... Paul.