Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
lifespan of a full cap?
07-06-2011, 02:54 AM,
lifespan of a full cap?
i read alot on these forums that people get anywhere from 3 to possibly 7 or 8 months from a piece with proper care and maintenance...i was wondering when this timeline actually starts..is it from the time the piece is made or from the time that it starts to be worn? i ask this because it would be much more convenient for me to order 3-4 full caps at once.
07-06-2011, 04:28 AM,
RE: lifespan of a full cap?
Hi russ832..... the main enemies of system hair is dryness and oxidation caused by sun-exposure,chlorine in water etc., so , the deterioration really begins once we actually begin to wear the system and expose it to normal `wear and tear` ...... a good care-routine helps to slow down the harmful effects of oxidation...... I haven`t ever stored a system for a long time, but I see no reason why, if it was packed in a sealed polythene bag and kept in a cool dark drawer etc., that it should suffer any negative effects compared to a system which is in daily wear....should be `good to go`when you need to wear it..... I know Antywanty has kept his poly/skin system in storage at home over the last 7months or so and is only now beginning to wear it ,so maybe he can tell us how it was when taken out of storage...regards, Paul.
07-06-2011, 06:14 AM,
still not wearing it paul,umm gave it a quick mist of spray leave in conditioner and put t back to bed.its a medium skin, didnt want to go to thin, needed something thjat will last.
and it sure is lasting upstairs in a plastic bag in a draw, unworn, lol
i'll get round to wearing it one day,just kinda nice to know my backups there.
07-13-2011, 09:40 AM,
(07-06-2011, 06:14 AM)antywanty Wrote: still not wearing it paul,umm gave it a quick mist of spray leave in conditioner and put t back to bed.its a medium skin, didnt want to go to thin, needed something thjat will last.
and it sure is lasting upstairs in a plastic bag in a draw, unworn, lol
i'll get round to wearing it one day,just kinda nice to know my backups there.

Is that full cap already cut in, Anty?
07-13-2011, 07:01 PM,
Just to clarify.... Anty wears a topper, not a fullcap. I was using him as an example as I knew he had bought 2 systems initially, but only wore one regularly and kept the other in storage..... it makes no difference whether you store a fullcap or topper ...... the only difference between them being one is twice the size of the other. He has confirmed there that the stored system is fine --he`s just given it a bit of spray-on, leave-in conditioner and put it into a sealed polythene bag in a drawer....... regards, Paul.
07-14-2011, 12:00 AM,
(07-13-2011, 07:01 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Just to clarify.... Anty wears a topper, not a fullcap. I was using him as an example as I knew he had bought 2 systems initially, but only wore one regularly and kept the other in storage..... it makes no difference whether you store a fullcap or topper ...... the only difference between them being one is twice the size of the other. He has confirmed there that the stored system is fine --he`s just given it a bit of spray-on, leave-in conditioner and put it into a sealed polythene bag in a drawer....... regards, Paul.

Okay, thanks. Smile
08-13-2011, 03:02 PM,
Hair will last a long, long time if it isn't exposed to the elements, and more importantly isn't washed too often or with shampoos that are too harsh for processed hair. The clock is only relaly ticking when you are wearing and washing the unit.