Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Unit Partial Before/After pics
11-15-2012, 07:24 AM,
RE: Stock Unit Partial Before/After pics
I wore a piece like yours for a long time till i couldn't get away with it anymore, and the rest of my hair started falling out. Its great you took steps now because ... if you ever do lose more hair, u can have an easier transition and no one will know. But u probably won't. You look like you got a nice thick head of hair..
11-27-2012, 10:14 AM,
what an amazing job! really inspiring!
01-20-2014, 02:36 PM,
This is an old post but has a lot of good information. We get a lot of requests for partial units like this and hopefully it will help newbies. Of course we can also do a custom partial too.
Regards,
John
01-31-2014, 01:46 AM,
Hi guys this is my first post.

I'll be in receipt of my stock unit within the next few days which i'll use to cut partials from-almost identical to that of Leondon to restore a slightly receeded temple area. Am really looking forward to making this work for me since this decision has been a long time coming. Finding this thread has been a true inspiration and an integral factor in prompting me to 'take the jump' and make this work for me.

I've read almost every thread within the last few weeks and would like to thank everyone for their comprehensive input as regards adhesives, attatchment, debonding, cleaning, maintenance and wearing in general! I really came here with zero understanding of the 'wearing game' and have now managed to learn some truly invaluable information which I hope to put into practice once the time comes- so thank you to you all! This forum is truly a fantastic resource!

My primary anxiety at the moment is actually cutting the partial from the stock unit itself. My plan is to follw the advice of Leondon, using a sharp scalpul to carefully cut to the shape of my template- does anyone else have any further tips/experience with this? Even though the way I style my hair will not expose the hairline at all, I still want to achieve the most natural hairline as possible.

For the attachment I'm going to start with walkers no shine tape for the back and middle; and walkers ultra hold glue for the very front edge- and see how this combination works for me.

Any thoughts/comments would be much appreciated- thanks guys!
01-31-2014, 10:16 PM,
You're best bet is to make a template of the area you plan to attach the partial to.
Then you can place that on the underside of the lace base, draw around it with a make-up pencil and then cut it with your blade.

You really don't have to be that exact or precise, just careful.
Running a sharp blade on the underside of the lace will cut the lace but avoid the hairs knotted to it, but its inevitable you'll lose a few hairs along the way.

As for the Ultrahold glue, this can be notoriously difficult to work with and many people prefer to use an artist's brush to apply it.
Its stringy and messy.
Its also difficult to clear up from & clean off the skin & base.
The normal alcohol based removers have very little effect on dissolving the glue and you really need something acetone based like nail varnish remover.

Its all a bit harsh on the system.
You might want to consider one of the white glues like NEX GEN, Ghostbond XL or ORWG (oil resistant white glue).

Good luck!

http://youtu.be/jw3_djdio9c
02-01-2014, 12:13 AM,
Thanks Hersute!

I will certainly bear that in mind about the ultra hold and order some ghost bond to try as well- the easier I make this the better!

Excellent tip about actually drawing around the template with an eyeliner pencil; again that should make cutting the template a lot easier for me- will buy one today!

That video you linked to is really helpful too- I've watched it three times already! lol I 'm a very 'visual' kind of guy and seeing it actually being applied before I attempt it myself is great! I had looked for similar videos to show this but couldn't find a single one! Thanks for the link you've been a great help!

I'll keep you all updated on my progress.... The stock unit should be arriving early next week- I'm feeling really positive about this and absolutely up for the challenge to make this work for me!

I can't wait to get my hair back! :0)
02-01-2014, 02:23 PM,
What ever you do, don't apply the glue as randomly and as messily as he does in that video!
He gets it everywhere, way past the hairline.

To know exactly where to apply the glue, some people mark the hairline with a make-up pencil.
I prefer to go around the hairline edge pressing the teeth of a comb into my scalp that then leaves indents, but eventually you'll work out your own method that suits you.

Good luck!