Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is the shortest possible style ? (pics)
09-07-2009, 04:58 AM,
what is the shortest possible style ? (pics)
Hi,
thinkin about doing a 100% shave. It looked good in the recent years & now I know where I found Toplace, I know that I can realize so many styles later.

But until my sides are grown to where a regular topper again, I would need 1..2 pieces with very short hair in between to simulate the growing of my hair.

So...whats the shortest style I could go ? My density is 65% & my colour is #7 (hazelnut?)
Thanks for your feedback & best regards Carsten
09-07-2009, 05:51 AM,
Re: what is the shortest possible style ?
PROBABLY half an inch might be the max. but i do not know. One day im going to take an old piece and just keep buzzing it shorter and shorter to see how short i can get it. So far one inch is fine. Could probably even be less. if anyone has an old piece they are gonna throw out. would be a good experiment.
09-07-2009, 06:05 AM,
Carsten,
Here's a photo of Fred with a short cut. I'm looking for a photo of Michigan Baldie with his military cut. If I can find it I'll post that too.
Regards,
John

Attached Files Image(s)

09-07-2009, 01:04 PM,
The thinnest skin that I have in stock can be cut very short, A customer sent me a photo of one I sent him, But he requested that I dont post it or pass it on too anyone, So sorry fellas I wont, But it was around 1/4".
09-07-2009, 02:03 PM,
ba, that's knotted thinskin right? Not injected?
09-07-2009, 03:34 PM,
Here's another shot of a short style provided Ruebin--

Attached Files Image(s)

09-08-2009, 06:23 AM,
Hi...thanks for your quick responses, great pics, I knew Fred but Ruebin...cool cut.

1/4"...wow, that short. That`s appx 6.3mm for Europeans :-)

I allready shaved. With my current "speed" of 0.5mm/day I could soon wear again.
But I feel good, even better than the years before with the "12 Monkeys" style.
The recent years I HAD to shave it off, now, since Toplace, I CAN shave it off & enjoy it.

Maybe I`ll order 2...3 pieces & simuate 1/4"...1/2"...1"...will see.
Hi BA, do you still have stockpieces color #7 65% density ? What kind of base is it you mentioned above ?

Something interesting I found out: I can/must wear different cloth now, the style that I find in my wardrobe
partly does not fit to the guy with hair anymore & vice versa.
09-08-2009, 07:18 AM,
I know a girl that works at a hair replacement salon.

They have a client who is in a band. He does long bangs, and the rest is shaved down to 1/4 inch. She said it looks fine.

I've got hairs on the sides when I shave it down to skin for the mohawk look that are probably 1/4 inch long. The key is to styling it with product so that it blends in properly.
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM,
NotGuilty Wrote:ba, that's knotted thinskin right? Not injected?

Yeah he cut in a knotted one (The knots are really small anyway) But they do come injected also.
09-09-2009, 07:54 AM,
But these photos are not really that short. I would say my hair is shorter. I mean you can shave your side hair down to nothing. that doesnt mean the piece hair is also short. i am more curious about how short the PIECE hair can go. not so much having a short side hair style.

regards