Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running with it
05-20-2011, 03:21 PM,
running with it
so i just started wearing. i use to run alot everyday is my 2nd day wearign and i want to start running i do sweat alot

so can this be done.

as much as there are benefits to wearin it i feel like there are restrictions which is understandable but can this be done without anything malfunctions or other problems
05-20-2011, 07:51 PM,
RE: running with it
Hi sparda15...yeah, wearing is obviously a bit different to having all your own hair and requires some adapting of certain lifestyle routines which, maybe, were not an issue up to the time you begin wearing. Excessive/heavy perspiring will inevitably affect your bond, so you will have to de/rebond more frequently. I`d suggest you wear one of those sweat-bands which will help to hold your system in place, in the unlikely event that the bond would totally fail....when I say `fail` I mean it will/could become very tacky.... the system won`t just literally fall off but could be removed easily if you catch it with your hand and lift/pull....consequently, your clean-ups are likely to be a bit more time-consuming as the best way to break the bond is with Lace-release, which should/usually allows the lace to lift off with most of the residue left on the scalp, which can be easily/quickly removed,whereas a bond `broken`by sweat is usually tacky and will have residue of glues etc. on the lace too, which takes time to get off. I guess it depend on how long you run for, and consequently, just how much you sweat.....the acids in sweat can/will [over time] affect your base material...so if you can rinse it off each time it will help prolong the life of the system....no need to shampoo the hair heavily as such..you could simply run some lukewarm water into a sink, mix in a little shampoo and while holding the hair, dip just the base in it to remove the sweat residue...simply rinse the hair itself under normal running water[shower] ....unless the hair too had become very wet from sweat, I`d avoid shampooing it too often..it`s not `` dirty`` as such and frequent shampooing will `lift`the colour . It might be worth considering ordering one of the Toplace exercise bases ..they are designed for an active lifestyle..and you might consider changing your running-time to evenings when you can go directly home afterwards and clean up... I know people who run very early in the mornings before work....they then have to shower etc and dash off to work... in the event that [as a wearer] a full de-bond was required, you need time obviously, so just before heading out to commute would not be ideal...... just a few points to consider....happy wearing BTW....Paul.