Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW PHOTOS (Short style)
09-10-2009, 02:56 PM,
Re: NEW PHOTOS (Short style)
Rod: When I attach, I am with tape all aound except 1" of lace in front. I carefully trace the edge of lace onto my forehead with a red eyebrow pensil I bought for $1 at the drug store. I then pin that flap of lace up with tiny hairclips from Sallys beauty supply. I then take a q-tip wet with alcohol and run it on the inner edge of the line I now have on forehead. I then use a small artists paintbrush and paint three thin coats of BaseBond . Then, wipe away red line with a few Q-tips soaked with alcohol; then comb the bangs down and press into glue area with bunt comb edge. The base bond lasts anywhere from 5-6 days or as little 1-2 days. Not sure why there is such fluctuations but for me it does. If it needs to be redone I do it because due to my job, I couldnt get away with a hat. the basebond just rolls off like rubber balls with your fingers. Hope that helps,

Mr. NY: I usually order 60-65. Once I ordered 55% in crown and it was way too thin for me.
09-11-2009, 04:39 AM,
Jeff, your pics are always look fantastic. Some of the best here and since I wear my hair pretty much the same style and length I appreciate your tips/recommendations. I remember in one of your posts you mentioned using a #8 guard to cut-in your piece and because of that I was able to cut-in my own HP for the 1st time on my last stock. Im going to copy you once again and take the top shorter as you did in these set of pics as they look awesome. Thanks buddy!
09-11-2009, 05:28 AM,
Jeff, thanks for the response. For some I was thinking that you only put a small strip of glue in the front. I have done this before but I think I only left like a 1/4" between edge of lace and tape. With 1" I can seen how you can would be able to fold the lace back and opposed to only 1/4". Are you actually applying and 1" of glue across the front? That seems like alot of glue but maybe not. Thanks again.
09-12-2009, 06:47 AM,
IREADEM: If you have a foam wig head you can pin the piece down good and with a comb shape up the top any way you want. When I see guys with cool clipper cuts they don't have the "buzz cut" (all same length) but rather the crown seems trimmed tighter than the front which seems to look better a little longer. One problem I find with these short cuts is you can identify every flaw ov ventilation. You can see and usually have to use a good texture gel on hairs that are (unfortunately) vented backwards or uprards instead of down and out like what is required for a tight natural short style.

ROD: an inch of glue is nothing. I use a 1/4 wide art brush (one that costs $4 not 59cents as the cheap ones lose bristles and the good ones last forever) and paint on 3 coats and a tiny bottle of basebond will last 2 years and I change ever5-6 days.
09-12-2009, 07:19 AM,
looks superb, i bet you feel like a million dollars m8.
listen , hair has got to be pretty pretty bad to get anyones attention.
and as long as theres no lace ,or wonkey hair no ones gonna even want to inspect, its just aNOTHER head in the crowd
great thing about hair systems, no more worry about hair loss now thats a weight of youre shoulders or shouldthat be a weight on youre shoulders.(im rambling ) i'll leave it at that.
btw yes youre experts and over critical.put the magnifying glass away
12-19-2009, 09:43 PM,
lokks fantastic, and remember folk here are very critical,average joe or joan doe, in the street woudnt give it a second look,
as i seid in a previoues post if t.v and magazines (the media) would consider a documentary on how far hair peices systems have come.
more people would consider wearing,
enjoy the cofndidence and buddy love feeling it gives youSmile
12-20-2009, 06:45 AM,
looks great as always
bob in philly
02-01-2010, 05:43 PM,
That looks amazing!

Two questions:

1. what is "good texture gel " you are using (I dig that wet look)?

2. How do you clean art-brush after use (to get rid of glue, and have it ready for next attachment)?

Thx
02-02-2010, 06:37 AM,
Love the way you blend the piece all around.
02-02-2010, 06:44 AM,
wow 1/4th inch thats is short. What number guard is that a five? WHen you cut it that short, do you find sometimes the hairs want to not lay flat down on the scalp. For example your first picture. the very back. Although not noticeable at all, to even hair wearers, I recognize the way the hair is jutting up slightly. That happens on my piece too sometimes in the back. I gotta keep combing that part with wax down. It sometimes wants to stick up.

U probably are cutting your system shorter than anyone. the shortest i went was one guard below 1 inch. I think it was a number six.

One day if you have an old piece, u should cut the whole thing to 1/4 inches , and see how it comes out. U might have the first semi-buzz style