Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New hair wearers
05-18-2011, 09:49 AM,
New hair wearers
Hello to the future new wearers of hair.... I want to offer my two cents worth.

I would suggest that your first order be a custom piece instead of a stock piece !!!! and the reason why I say that is it will be a heck of a lot easier for a first time hairwearer to attach a custom piece that fits your head like a tight fitting glove. It has been said that a majority of guys can get by with wearing a stock piece, I dont buy that for a minute.

I think my head has a normal shape to it and I have found that most stock pieces do not sit well on my DOME, I could deal with the sides and back not sitting right but if the front does not lay down properly you can toss piece away it becomes worthless !!! and dont tell me to make pleats to correct that problem because I will tell you I shouldnt have to worry about doing that B.S. the only thing I should have to worry about is having to cut it in ...PERIOD

I have ordered stock pieces and custom pieces and I will tell you custom is the way to go, with a stock piece if it dosent fit correctly you will have a hard time having the front (which is the key to any piece looking real) lay properly down without getting any ripples to deal with.

I have nothing to gain by saying this since a stock piece and a custom piece pretty much cost the same, the only difference is you can get a stock piece in three to five days. Another thing to consider is with a stock piece you only have a choice of an A contour front, so if you are not looking for a deep recession and you have a particular style in mind that is another reason to go custom.

One more thing that I have learned, if you are looking for a base to last longer, go with French lace it is more durable then Swiss Lace but hides just as well if properly attached and will last a heck of alot longer....again my two cents
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM,
RE: New hair wearers
Having pleats on a stock wouldn`t really help...... as John stated on the other post, they are Generic and designed to fit the largest number of people, to a CERTAIN standard..they will usually never fit like a glove....no matter if they had pleats or not, they will still be a `standard` fit ...we all have our own unique size/shape when it comes to our skull...stocks will usually get you ``out of a hole`` but custom is the only way to get a proper fit which follows the contours of your head.... stocks are usually ok for what they do, but if you have high-expectations of them, chances are you`ll be disappointed. The notion that`` one-size-fits-all`` won`t work when talking about heads...... stocks often have to be cut-down to size so chances are that pleats would be rendered useless anyway as they start at the perimeter..you`d be cutting into them ...... it`s best to look at stocks for what they are...usually a stop-gap measure to` cover-up ` while waiting on a custom. Some guys are lucky and find they happen to fit them perfectly, but that`s the exception rather than the rule...regards, Paul.
05-19-2011, 05:38 AM,
RE: New hair wearers
No matter how many sizes John were to carry [presently 2 -sizes available] it simply wouldn`t be possible to achieve a really snug fit due to the varying sizes and shapes of different heads... it`s never going to be possible to keep `` everyone happy`` .... just the way it is really. Paul.