Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So, you think your shampoo is doing a good job do ya'...
04-29-2011, 08:17 AM,
RE: So, you think your shampoo is doing a good job do ya'...
Snipe is 100% correct. Using the wrong shampoo is positively the WORST thing you can do to a hair system.

To elaborate a little on what Snipe is saying, it isn't just about the type of surfactant that is used, it is also about the pH level.

People talk about using baking soda, vinegar, etc on the hair to achieve various goals. The reason for this is that the pH level causes the hair to react a certain way. Products such as ammonia or baking soda have high pH which opens the remaining hair cuticle. This of course makes the hair prone to dryness and color loss.

Hair product formulas that are slightly acidic do just the opposite. They will cause the remaining cuticle to close up, which locks in moisture and color.

Before developing my own products I was using "all natural" drugstore shampoos. The hair would always feel like wet cardboard when I finished washing, and my units shed rather quickly. It wasn't until I started to dig deeper into the science behind it that I realized that "sulfate free" doesn't always mean "good for the hair".

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, you think your shampoo is doing a good job do ya'... - JRob - 04-29-2011, 08:17 AM