Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So, you think your shampoo is doing a good job do ya'...
04-25-2011, 02:20 AM,
So, you think your shampoo is doing a good job do ya'...
So, you think your shampoo is doing a fine job so no need to switch right?

I've got news for you. If your not using silicone spray and at least a non-phosphate shampoo you're beating yourself in the hair wearing game.

I don't care what anyone has to say about the shampoo they are using if it has phosphates or other harmful ingredients. It ain't working right for ya' bro'. Yeah I said ain't.

So, back in the day when I started wearing I used only Pantology shampoo and conditioner the first few years of wearing. 50 bucks a bottle but seemed like it was working ok. I didn't really like much about Pantology and after a couple years I decided to try every other shampoo out there. First, I tried all the store brand, Fructis, Pantene, Sauve, all the "men's" styling shampoos and so forth. I thought at the time, hmmm, seems to have the same effect on the hair. So after a year of fiddling around I ended up with the shampoo/conditioner combo of Natures Beauty because Johnny and some others used and liked it for many years. Well, to my surprise Johnny informed me that formula had changed and that product now contained some not so wig friendly ingredients. I was having great results I thought and kept using it.

So after all the shampoos I tried here are the results, and this is truly the result of shampoo/conditioner and nothing else.

Pantology Shampoo Conditioner-@ 6 months piece retained at least 80% of hair and was very wearable and not thinning noticeably.

"Generic" type like Fructis, Sauve and EVERYTHING you see at Walmart- @4months piece was noticeably thinning and was almost un wearable and might have got me busted once or twice.

John, that's one reason I've been scrambling the past year or two, because I wasn't getting my traditional 6 months of legit wearing from each piece. So I wasn't prepared to replace every 3-4 months.

So, these were the results over more than a 3 year period.

Now the past 5 months I've been using Everpure(I wrote about this update in the info link thread a year of two ago 7 bucks a bottle. Loreal bought the Pantology licensing for wig friendly shampoo/conditioner) and am getting my 6 months of legit wearing again. If you look through posts from years ago and my pics, you can see @6 months the wig still looked great. Also, in the info links thread there is a link to a couple other things to get the most out of each piece.

So, if you're not using shampoo/conditioner that is along the lines of Everpure, you're not looking and lasting your best. Give it try and make sure you get the right Everpure, the one with red pastel tube. I hate the tubes they come in but for 7 bucks the results are the same as Pantology with a nice scent.

Simple as, those are facts. Trust me on this, I was the one that found PM WW and we all know how incredible that works. I will say that this shampoo/conditioner has the same, if not more, positive impact.
04-25-2011, 04:32 AM,
RE: So, you think your shampoo is doing a good job do ya'...
Thanks, Snipe. Is this the exact type of what I'm looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/L-27Oreal-EverPure...B002JQAM3I
And what is PM WW ?
04-25-2011, 04:38 AM,
(04-25-2011, 04:32 AM)expriest Wrote: Thanks, Snipe. Is this the exact type of what I'm looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/L-27Oreal-EverPure...B002JQAM3I
And what is PM WW ?

That's the stuff.

Paul Mitchell Wax Works.
04-25-2011, 05:05 AM,
Sweet, thanks man
04-28-2011, 01:53 PM,
http://www.target.com/LOreal-EverPure-Mo...B002JQAM3I

Target sells it pretty cheap.
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM,
Tried to order it from `Amazon`[UK] but they don`t have it presently [ despite having over 20 pages of Lòreal products! ] Tried the other Amazon site [U.S.A. -based ? ] but when you go to order it gives you a message saying they don`t ship certain products to certain areas of the world....... so we have to suffer-on here ! lol. .. Paul.
04-28-2011, 10:13 PM,
Most drug stores and grocery stores have it as well.
04-28-2011, 11:30 PM,
I`ll have a look but certain products freely -available in USA would not be available here except on-line..... I have never seen `Got2B` here but was able to get it from Amazon UK..... I never realised just how many different products Lòreal make until I thumbed through the Amazon pages.....a huge range. Just for curiosity though ,I`ll have a look in the bigger drug stores here soon.
04-28-2011, 11:44 PM,
(04-28-2011, 11:30 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I`ll have a look but certain products freely -available in USA would not be available here except on-line..... I have never seen `Got2B` here but was able to get it from Amazon UK..... I never realised just how many different products Lòreal make until I thumbed through the Amazon pages.....a huge range. Just for curiosity though ,I`ll have a look in the bigger drug stores here soon.
I am in the same boat Paul!
I cannot seem to find it anywhere in the UK!
Not even e-Bay!!!!ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
04-29-2011, 08:17 AM,
Snipe is 100% correct. Using the wrong shampoo is positively the WORST thing you can do to a hair system.

To elaborate a little on what Snipe is saying, it isn't just about the type of surfactant that is used, it is also about the pH level.

People talk about using baking soda, vinegar, etc on the hair to achieve various goals. The reason for this is that the pH level causes the hair to react a certain way. Products such as ammonia or baking soda have high pH which opens the remaining hair cuticle. This of course makes the hair prone to dryness and color loss.

Hair product formulas that are slightly acidic do just the opposite. They will cause the remaining cuticle to close up, which locks in moisture and color.

Before developing my own products I was using "all natural" drugstore shampoos. The hair would always feel like wet cardboard when I finished washing, and my units shed rather quickly. It wasn't until I started to dig deeper into the science behind it that I realized that "sulfate free" doesn't always mean "good for the hair".