Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need suggestions about my husband
04-22-2011, 09:31 PM,
need suggestions about my husband
My husband had hair loss problem for now many years.
He had his first hair transplantation in 2008 and his second Hair transplantation in February 2011.
Unfortunately it does not cover the crown. On the front he has some hairs that are growing very good. We have now decided to try with hair piece.
But we are not sure how it will work.

Does my husband need to shave his front hairs while wearing hair system?
Or / and is it possible to have a hair system that does not start from the front ?
I have also attached some of his pictures to get some suggestions.

Kind regards

Mrs. s.a.m
04-22-2011, 11:40 PM,
RE: need suggestions about my husband
He can try some toppik, black colour for the front. And a small piece for the crown.

But to be honest, it would be easier and less hassle to go for a normal sized "topper" piece that covers front and crown.
04-23-2011, 03:26 AM,
I'm new to this forum and am in the same position. I have to say that my hairline and mid-scalp has much more density than your husband. If he just had the second procedure in Feb. of this year then I'm sure you are aware that he hasn't even begun to see the results of that surgery. It all depends on how many grafts he had in the most recent procedure and where they were placed but I would wait and see how it fills in over the next 5 months or so. In my humble opinion I wouldn't attempt a partial piece unless there was significantly more coverage in the hairline and mid-scalp. Everyone is different but that's my 2 cents.
04-23-2011, 03:35 AM,
I hate to say this honestly, but a normal sized Toplace topper hair system would look so much better.

Understandably after paying for hair transplant surgery you'd want to keep the new growing hair growing up there. It's just.... a normal sized topper would look so much better and there would be no need for hair concealers etc. You'd get far more density all round and just a far better look.

Just my opinion.

Leondon
04-23-2011, 05:06 AM,
Two hair transplants and those results? to be honest it looks completely waste of money.
A topper would look amazing.
04-23-2011, 05:49 AM,
you could use the front hairs in front of the hair system. There is a guy named eric who does this. U just have to be smart and do not choose a density thats too high in areas that have to be blended. THe right side of the hairline appears a little problematic. If you were to wear a hair system there, u would need to indicate a lower density there, that way it would look like he is starting to go bald naturally in that area. I think it can be pulled off.
04-23-2011, 09:00 AM,
I have consulted a couple of guys who have utilized transplanted hairlines and it works very well. As the others have mentioned, you might need some concealers to help pull it off. I would have some available for your first couple of units until you are able to see the end result and dial in the density accordingly.
04-24-2011, 02:31 AM,
(04-22-2011, 11:40 PM)Henry Wrote: He can try some toppik, black colour for the front. And a small piece for the crown.

But to be honest, it would be easier and less hassle to go for a normal sized "topper" piece that covers front and crown.

thanks for useful advise
(04-23-2011, 03:26 AM)Porcupine Wrote: I'm new to this forum and am in the same position. I have to say that my hairline and mid-scalp has much more density than your husband. If he just had the second procedure in Feb. of this year then I'm sure you are aware that he hasn't even begun to see the results of that surgery. It all depends on how many grafts he had in the most recent procedure and where they were placed but I would wait and see how it fills in over the next 5 months or so. In my humble opinion I wouldn't attempt a partial piece unless there was significantly more coverage in the hairline and mid-scalp. Everyone is different but that's my 2 cents.

Yes u r right, the result comes in 4 - 5 months. Thanks for your advise... actually i was also thinking in that way
(04-23-2011, 03:35 AM)leondon90 Wrote: I hate to say this honestly, but a normal sized Toplace topper hair system would look so much better.

Understandably after paying for hair transplant surgery you'd want to keep the new growing hair growing up there. It's just.... a normal sized topper would look so much better and there would be no need for hair concealers etc. You'd get far more density all round and just a far better look.

Just my opinion.

Leondon

thanks for useful advise.
(04-23-2011, 05:06 AM)iamme Wrote: Two hair transplants and those results? to be honest it looks completely waste of money.
A topper would look amazing.

didn't know before... and it's never too late !
(04-23-2011, 05:49 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: you could use the front hairs in front of the hair system. There is a guy named eric who does this. U just have to be smart and do not choose a density thats too high in areas that have to be blended. THe right side of the hairline appears a little problematic. If you were to wear a hair system there, u would need to indicate a lower density there, that way it would look like he is starting to go bald naturally in that area. I think it can be pulled off.

I was thinking how is it we just choose the 40% density? and how is with Freestyle ?
and thanks v. much for useful information.
(04-23-2011, 09:00 AM)JRob Wrote: I have consulted a couple of guys who have utilized transplanted hairlines and it works very well. As the others have mentioned, you might need some concealers to help pull it off. I would have some available for your first couple of units until you are able to see the end result and dial in the density accordingly.

Thanks very much. I will be very thankful to get more information and guide.
04-24-2011, 06:37 AM,
I`ve been holding off adding my 2 -cents worth until now.
I would imagine [from the 2nd pic] that he/you are expecting more hair to grow to the left-of-centre ? It`s not too bad to the right.... hold back a while, see what way [if] the hair re-grows there, and then, a system can be made to sit behind that front hair-line [ I assume the transplanted area was the front hairline].....the crown will remain as it is...a nice system will fit in there behind whatever [hopefully ] re -grows at the very front..... I`d wait until then before making a template...... you`ll know then what area needs to be covered..regards, Paul.
04-24-2011, 09:52 PM,
(04-24-2011, 06:37 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I`ve been holding off adding my 2 -cents worth until now.
I would imagine [from the 2nd pic] that he/you are expecting more hair to grow to the left-of-centre ? It`s not too bad to the right.... hold back a while, see what way [if] the hair re-grows there, and then, a system can be made to sit behind that front hair-line [ I assume the transplanted area was the front hairline].....the crown will remain as it is...a nice system will fit in there behind whatever [hopefully ] re -grows at the very front..... I`d wait until then before making a template...... you`ll know then what area needs to be covered..regards, Paul.

Thanks for your reply.I also think it would be better to wait and a system that fit behind would be better.