Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
partial ??? (Pics)
02-09-2011, 03:12 PM,
RE: partial ???
All the advice helps a lot!
i'm definitely thinking the triangles too... Idk if I could mentally get myself to shave my head at this point.. Honestly, I feel like if nothing else the triangles will be a great way to learn/ease into wearing.. granted the recession continues.. I was wondering though, seeing as there is no difference in price between the full cap and triangles.. Maybe I should order a full cap and just cut the triangles out myself.. It seems like it would be much more practical with this being my first time. This way if the pieces were too small or if I ruined them I could just cut new pieces from the excess full cap.. Is there a special technique to cutting lace? or any advice with that?
02-10-2011, 07:58 AM,
RE: partial ???
There is no special technique, just part the hairs with your fingers, clips etc and cut the base, avoiding as much of the hair as possible. Do small cuts at a time, I use one of those small scissors.
05-03-2011, 04:29 AM,
RE: partial ??? (Pics)
so this is prolly the most unorthodox attachment in toplace history... First attachment ever...It is a stock unit All i did was cut shapes to fill in the temples Mabe one inch for each at most. Did not know how to cut the shapes so... The left temple is a square, right is a triangle haha.... still waiting for my glue, so it is attached with hair gel lol obviously the cut is was done by me.... Results, completely blown away. I never though it would look this good.. My receding hairline is now one less thing to worry about... Thanks toplace, as well as everyone on the forum.. Now, back to my life! haha seriously though, I appreciate all the advice
To add, These pieces I cut were from the back side of the stock unit as I was just experimenting and was not expecting it to turn out the first attachment.. Also as far as the transition. The first time I wore it out of my room... My roomate kinda looked at me weird for a few seconds... Then said "did you just shower?" lol so i lied and said yes.. and that was the end of it.. So the whole ordeal went very well

Attached Files Image(s)

05-03-2011, 09:15 AM,
hey,
well i don't see much because of the lack of light but like this it seems to look good.
by the way i'm not a wearer yet so i don't know much about wearing just saying what i see.
good luck with the transition thing.

one question can you tell me how is the quality of the hair of toplace hair peace ?
i'm not speaking about the lace just the quality of the hair...
thx a lot
05-04-2011, 05:09 AM,
Hey michael, glad to see that it has worked out for you. I just have a couple questions- since you are only using two small pieces at the hairline do you find the attachment is flimsy or prone to lifting? Does the hairpiece hair blend in well and move/flow the same as the rest of the hair at the hairline and at the front? Since I was considering this option myself these are the two problems I figured would be present by using two hairline pieces