Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got2BeGlued Hairline (photos)
03-28-2011, 01:21 PM,
RE: Got2BeGlued Hairline (photos)
Thanks Dave,

Yes, this is a topper and the sides are my own. I can confidently say that the things we could do with Toplace systems are far beyond what some club systems can do.

(03-28-2011, 05:33 AM)Dave83 Wrote: I'm blown away by those pics - that is honestly the best looking hairpiece that I have ever seen.

Everything is perfect - the shape of the hairline, the density of the hairline (avoiding the tell-tale 'wall of hair' look), and the blending - is this a topper only, i.e. are your sides your own?

I'm still finding it hard to believe that a realisitc hairpiece is something that can actually be achieved, but seeing a photo like that makes me think again.

Are you putting a thick layer of it on? Try a thin layer (covering the entire scalp), and possibly use a blow dryer (cool air) to help it dry.

Let me know how that works for you.

Leamon

(03-28-2011, 12:08 PM)Unhairy1 Wrote: OK I have tried this stuff several ties, but it always seeps through the lace and makes a mess and an unnatural hairline. Its very wet and liquid and seep through.
03-29-2011, 06:50 AM,
Thanks leamon! Here is a very close up of me using your techniques.

Thanks,

Jim

Attached Files Image(s)

03-29-2011, 08:45 AM,
hi, sounds great for newbies to practice with. I will definatly get some. I have long hair, tied back, is it a strong enough bond or will the front lift ?. Also any advice about template making, im ready now to order and have gathered enough information to be confident about wearing, the problem i have is i havnt shaved my head yet (still wearing nasty consealers ), so when i put the cling wrap on my head , wet or dry, it pushs whats left of my hair down all over place distorting my view. Any tips please
03-29-2011, 09:25 PM,
Hello John southwest.... I`ve just got hold of 2 tubes of it after ordering on line from UK ...haven`t used it yet, but am sending in a new template today for a 3/4 sized all-lace system so, as my present system has a poly strip on it, I reckon the poly might not `take`to it so well though if it`s as sticky as people say, it certainly shouldn`t be too bad on the poly too ! I`ll try it today. I suggest what you could do for your front hairline [as your hair will be tied back etc] if you find the Got2B tends to lift/loosen at the front, you could just use normal glue just on the front bit there for a really strong hold and Got2B for the rest of it...so your clean up should be practically as simple as if you were using all Got2B....try it and see how it goes.
As for your template... yes I guess it can be a bit tricky to see/make one when your growing hair is `in the way`....all I can advise is that you have a fair idea of exactly what size your thinning area is.... just slick down and comb back your hair by misting with water....then place a large strip of[dry] cling-film neatly down on top, and tie it under the chin, so you only have that one layer sitting relatively tightly stretched over the skull..the dampness will prevent it slipping about on you....mark it with black marker as accurately as you can to trace the outline of the area needing coverage........ this needn`t be down to the nearest millimeter .....take your time, and once happy with the area you have marked, then begin strengthening your template with wide strips of sellotape cross-ways and then back-to-front. You can then add less-wide strips of tape ....have a look at the template-making tips on the `` info links for newbies` thread up top ...... don`t `sweat` too much over it....as long as your template more or less reflects the coverage area, and the contour of your head, it will be fine........ I assume your top remaining hair is not too thick anyway so it will not prevent you from making a fairly accurate shaped template....I`m not being flippant, but this really isn`t precision-science...as long as it`s reasonably to the size and shape of your head and balding area, it will be fine..... take your time and `relax`a bit with it all ...best wishes and hope it goes fine for you ... Paul.
03-31-2011, 01:31 PM,
RE: Got2BeGlued Hairline
(03-26-2011, 08:24 AM)johnnycs1 Wrote: All the GTBG products work especially well on poly!
I only mostly wear skin units......
Get a pretty firm hold with GTBG !

johnny/albuquerque

I wear a skin base too. Didn't think GTBG would work well on my lace units. Guess I was wrong!
03-31-2011, 07:31 PM,
Hi johnny and potomoc ..... I`m going to use the GTB this morning for curiosity ....I`m sure it will be grand for poly too..will leave a post on it later ..cheers guys. Paul.
04-01-2011, 05:33 AM,
I`ve tried it now ..well I must say I`m impressed.. now like anything, as this is my first time using it, I went `easy` / light on the perimeter where the poly strip is... went a bit heavier on the front hairline which is lace.. I also coated the whole scalp [ middle etc.] and I must say...the hold in the centre is incredible--- if you catch the hair and try to prise it off the head..not a hope !! It`s practically the same as `normal`glues..... the poly part is not stuck right to the very edge, but I deliberately only applied a light layer there ....the front is really good too...I`ll experiment with a heavier layer tomorrow..... will enjoy experimenting with this ...I`ll leave the system bonded on tonight for sleeping ...just to see what way the bond `behaves` overnight..... really impressed so far though... Paul.
04-01-2011, 07:56 AM,
(04-01-2011, 05:33 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I`ve tried it now ..well I must say I`m impressed.. now like anything, as this is my first time using it, I went `easy` / light on the perimeter where the poly strip is... went a bit heavier on the front hairline which is lace.. I also coated the whole scalp [ middle etc.] and I must say...the hold in the centre is incredible--- if you catch the hair and try to prise it off the head..not a hope !! It`s practically the same as `normal`glues..... the poly part is not stuck right to the very edge, but I deliberately only applied a light layer there ....the front is really good too...I`ll experiment with a heavier layer tomorrow..... will enjoy experimenting with this ...I`ll leave the system bonded on tonight for sleeping ...just to see what way the bond `behaves` overnight..... really impressed so far though... Paul.

What I like about GTBG is that it washes off very easily without any residue attaching to my poly unit. Can't comment on its effect on my lace unit as I have yet to try it.
04-04-2011, 02:42 PM,
Paul...awesome!!

Leamon
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM,
Hi again leamon .. I left a further comment on it on another thread just to the effect that it held great overnight etc. but [as I was expecting] I did a heavy bit of exercise next day here at home as I have a room kitted out with gym-equipment/machines and after about 20 minutes once I was sweating heavily, the bond then loosened to the point where I could easily remove it..no problem there though as I wasn`t in a public gym with other people around...so I just took the system off, and carried on with the exercise... I didn`t wipe off the remaining Got2B from the scalp... I then cooled down normally while having a shave, and noticed that just before jumping into the shower, it had gone very tacky again on the scalp..... I assume from that, that in the event a wearer was maybe sweating a bit more than normal during a day [let`s say at work or wherever ] even if the bond lost some of the grip, it would re-hold as soon as the person cooled down normally again. potomoc was saying there that it washes off easily---yes it comes off very easily if you take the system into the shower with you and rinse it under the flowing water, I didn`t use any shampoo or anything ..just a good rinse and it came off the lace and the poly very nicely....no mess/residue . I`d advise anyone intending going to a gym to use `normal`glue/tapes though......but sure the Got2B is really easy to work with and I`d suggest newbies have a tube to hand to help them get used to bonding ---if you incorrectly position the system, it`s easy to adjust/lift it etc without hairs becoming stuck to glue and all the hassle that can give `learners`......by the way guys, if that actually does happen you, or hairs get stuck to parts of the tape, just dab a little lace-release onto it on the tip of a finger..this will release the trapped hair avoiding them getting broken/snapped off. A good `tool`to have handy too, especially for full-cap wearers, is a bottle of `Re -align`` which you can spray on to keep the glues temporarily non-stick while you position your system.... it`s good to have it to hand as a newbie..it can be very helpful....cheers guys.. Paul.