Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me finish up the template (photos)
03-13-2011, 05:57 AM,
Help me finish up the template (photos)
So I have kind-of done the hardest part (2-3h?), now I just need your advice on how to finish it up.

Here’s my baby:
[Image: tempfront.jpg]
[Image: temptop.jpg]
[Image: frontsb.jpg]
[Image: backa.jpg]

As you can see, I had some problems trying to find the sweet spot at the back. If I leave it larger, can the unit be trimmed during cut-in by, say, 1-2cm?
Also, the template seems to me kind'a unsymmetrical but when I have it on my head, I really can’t do anything about it - using two mirrors simultaneously is a nightmare. Having longish hair do not help neither.
So what do you think of the template and hairline?

Here is how I plan to go for density-wise:
[Image: tempdensity.jpg]
Does that seem right? Is 65%-75% not too big of a jump?

Speaking of my hair, I forgot how fair they are in direct incandescent light:
[Image: fair.jpg]
Apart from choosing the density (omg), getting the right colour freaks me out the most even though I am sending a sample (which looks really dark, brown in the bag, but once taken out, it’s blond although darker than the picture above… Go figure.

I welcome any input, anything you might think of. I wanna nail it the first time 'round.
03-13-2011, 09:44 AM,
RE: Help me finish up the template
Hi Val.. I`d `round`the front a little...it`s kind of a V shape...... just looking at the back there [trying to see through the film] I`d enclose that pic too and mark your crown-point inside the inner black line..... draw arrows on it to show the desired hair -direction ... just cut out the template leaving maybe half an inch excess/outside the black line....sit it on your head to see how it looks,and you can gradually trim it in further if you wish, until you`re happy with the final shape...I`d prefer to cut / trim my template to the correct size than to trim my system ANY day. I`ve `lifted`the pic there and will mark some lines on it to help you ....I`ll re -post it below here ... as for the densities... as John said... if they think it will be `off` they`ll contact John and he can advise you .... the main thing is to make sure you`re happy with the finished template before submitting it ....pop in a few pics as you did in your first thread ...it will help them see what way your hair grows and your receded temples etc.... just `tidy up` your template when you have it cut out..Paul.
OK -- hope this explains better what I mean ...

Attached Files Image(s)

03-14-2011, 12:30 AM,
Ok. How is this?
[Image: smallfront.jpg]
[Image: smallback.jpg]
Do they make the unit according to outline with black marker or shape of plastic?

I could not clean up the template because the marker is under several layers of tape but I hope it won’t be a problem. I will attach jpgs with clearer outline, such as this:
[Image: densities.jpg]

Can I send those additional pics by email or do I have to print them out and attach to my order (I might not be able to).

How should I post the template? I fear it will got flattened in an envelope…
03-14-2011, 01:03 AM,
Maybe try some contour tape, and place on the front to get your perfect fit. I use a CC contour.

Imo you can get away with having the whole piece 1 density, say 70% to start with. Because it all depends on how the stylist cuts it in, creating layers to create the illusion of higher density at the back and less at the front.
03-14-2011, 08:33 AM,
If you want to `tidy`it a bit [ as you have a lot of black lines etc] you could tape it around with that wide brown tape used to seal cardboard boxes ..freely -available in any hardware store..... you know the brown shiny one.. that will accept marker very easily too so you can mark your required densities clearly..... just a suggestion. I guess you could e mail the pics to John and he can forward them to the factory with your order reference -number/identity. Just push the template together ear-to-ear [side -to -side] .....it will open out again no problem...all templates are sent to the factory like, that rather than in boxes. In case you`re confused..Henry mentioned contour tape for the front....these are boomerang-shaped pieces of tape some wearers like to use at the front....they deliberately shape their Template at the front to fit the contours... as you have no supplies to hand yet, this will not be an option on this occasion for you...you can see the contours on Debbie`s site... Paul.
03-14-2011, 11:41 AM,
Thanks. Does the graduation pattern seem ok to you?
03-14-2011, 09:04 PM,
Graduation is never something I `bothered` with when ordering --just left it up to the factory..if you want a particular graduation such as you have marked, they will replicate that.... I guess it will look ok .... I`ve never been unhappy with any systems I`ve gotten... they are good at what they do [the factory] ....as I said, in the other post there, if they think it will not `work`they`ll let John know etc. so you can make a judgement call on it before it `s actually made... I`d love to see how it turns out as you`ve put a lot of effort into this part of it..... regards, Paul.
03-15-2011, 07:47 AM,
I agree with Paul regarding the front being too pointy.
As for density i would choose either all 70% or all 65%,personally i tend to err on the less density simply because it adds to the realism.
Less really is more when it comes to hair pieces.
When you get your cut in ask what they would advise regarding different areas of your head and take it from there to start fine tuning your specs for future orders.
03-15-2011, 08:04 AM,
Paul wrote it was too pointy on the first draft. Later pictures are more rounded. I kind of like it this way. Was going for something like this:
[Image: josh-duhamel-20061009-167689.jpg]
Hairline wise, that is. Not style. But I decided I might get there next time and for now settled as what you can see about.

Do you really think I should clean up those lines? I fear gray tape will make template too thick, besides I don't have much time and wanted to post it tomorrow.
What do you think?
03-15-2011, 09:25 AM,
(03-15-2011, 08:04 AM)Val Wrote: Paul wrote it was too pointy on the first draft. Later pictures are more rounded. I kind of like it this way. Was going for something like this:
[Image: josh-duhamel-20061009-167689.jpg]
Hairline wise, that is. Not style. But I decided I might get there next time and for now settled as what you can see about.

Do you really think I should clean up those lines? I fear gray tape will make template too thick, besides I don't have much time and wanted to post it tomorrow.
What do you think?

Sorry i didn't realise that you were going for a widows peak!
In that case then the pointy front is just fine.
Yes i would clean the lines up as it could make things confusing for the factory.
A good way to get it cleaner is to make a series of dots when you have the wrap on and then when you remove simply join them up.
It shouldn't take long to do,maybe 10 mins.
Also try wetting your hair firstly to get a better look at what you are doing and it makes the wrap cling better as well.